filtering out surface noise when digitizing

djsoulfeverdjsoulfever 39 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I know there are many different ways of doing this, and I know some. trying to figure out best solution. I use Microwave to record directly into program, i'm pretty sure i want to stick with that, as opposed to recording directly into say logic or protools, et al(which i don't even own yet.) So i want hear opinions on best apps or plugins for whatever program, whatever doesn't mess with the depth of the recording. Cheap is my preferred method, but feel free to drop any type of knowledge on this subject. Thanks.

Comments

• surface noise is around 5K...try and cut anything around this

• If your rocking a mac, then check out SoundSoap...I usually do that or just use the pencil tool on Pro Tools and re-draw the waveform.

• If your rocking a mac, then check out SoundSoap...I usually do that or just use the pencil tool on Pro Tools and re-draw the waveform.
    Soundsoap looks fairly legit, although is it worth the money? Any standalone app that's cheaper? The trial version of soundsoap is pretty much worthless as it fades out the track it works on. I used to record with the cheap imic joint, and the packaged software could filter the noise, but i'm def convinced that the Microwave hub is better for recording.