NEW FEDERATION IN STORES TODAY

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
god damn finally. only four songs in but this shit is fucking ridiculous get that shit!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    god damn finally. only four songs in but this shit is fucking ridiculous get that shit!

Only one copy at the midtown Best Buy, and it was very well hidden...

• god damn finally. only four songs in but this shit is fucking ridiculous get that shit!

One pictures our man waiting patiently in the backseat of his doubleparked limo outside the midtown Best Buy, making conversation with the local metermaid (with a very generous $50 "tip" - Fauxy is certainly not above bantering with the common man on the street, or even supplying monetary compensation for what he imagines is a difficult line of work. No lack of "keeping it real" here!) as his manservant takes 2 minutes longer than expected to bring him his brand new ITS WHAT EVA CD.

"What took you so long, Rashiedingsworth? Did they hide the damn thing?"
    "It was in the Rawkus section, sir."
    "(sigh) Words fail me. Onto the marina, my good man. I'd hate to keep Bun waiting."

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this could be a dope album.

h

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• I stopped by my neighborhood mom and pop on the way home from work today. They didn't have it, so I ordered one.

And allegedly, the vinyl drops Oct. 23.

• Vinyl?!?!?

• my neighborhood mom and pop

where would that be?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    They had promo/commercial vinyl for the first record. Its nice to see them do another vinyl release.

• Rashiedingsworth

• my neighborhood mom and pop

where would that be?

(That counts as a mom and pop, right? Okay, an independent, at the very least.)

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Funny, my friend at Warners just told me that Ric Roc called in fueming talking about how it's sold out everywhere and that not nearly enough copies were shipped to the right places.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Bump for opinions?

I'm enjoying the album more and more on each play through. Personally coulda done without the Travis Barker track but, that aside, Rick Rock's beats never get boring. Highly impressive.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I don't think I'll be seeing it in MTL stores, so I might have to hit up a spot like b-side. How does it compare to the Turf Talk? I thought that was an absolutely brilliant album.

I don't think I'll be seeing it in MTL stores, so I might have to hit up a spot like b-side. How does it compare to the Turf Talk? I thought that was an absolutely brilliant album.

None of the Federation dudes are as good of rappers as Turf--but they're passable, and the production is great.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    IMO it's not as good as the Turf Talk but then that's vying with UGK for my album of the year at the moment. It's definitely a quality release though and one that's growing on me on every play so it may yet surpass Vaccine.
    I must confess to being thrown by the number of slower tracks that are on there but once I sat down and gave it a proper listen there's only maybe two or three fillers in the 17 tracks (ignoring skits).

• sergserg 682 Posts
    yeah this ain't touching turf. If they had tossed the slower tracks and gone a little more berserk with that shit then maybe. I like a decent amount of the tracks though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    they're definitely not as good as turf talk rapper-wise (although i realllllly like goldie's rapps) but it's different kind of music too, you know? i'm real soft for "happy i met you" right now and i really haven't listened to the second half of the album yet because i've been rewinding after that to hear "playtime is over" and "got me fucked up." i really hope WB pushes "happy i met you" because that song could help them blow the fuck up

• "happy i met you"

that's my joint and it has been getting a nice amount of radio play as well as their radio commercial for the album.

• Lovin' this album, especially "Rims Poke Out" (an interpolation of my wife's favorite Al B. Sure song). I really enjoy their sense of humor.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    i really hope WB pushes "happy i met you" because that song could help them blow the fuck up

Is WB doing any promotion on this album? This one seemed to sneak into stores despite being on a major.

• Copped this among other slaps during my trip to the Bay and was really pleased with it - it didn't leave the car's deck the entire time. There's some soft schitt but overall it bangs and the production is seriously next on a bunch of shit. Is that Doonie singing on that one track???

• Is that Doonie singing on that one track???

Yeah! Love that track.

• YALL DON'T KNOW ABOUT MAAAAAAY

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I still need to cop this. Did any of it end up getting pressed on wax, even on some bootleg garbage?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Buy this schitt, you batches. Support quality rapp music or stop griping.

• Definitely a contender for rap album of the year. I don't know if it's killing UGK but it's up there...

YALL DON'T KNOW ABOUT MAAAAAY

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Lovin' this album, especially "Rims Poke Out" (an interpolation of my wife's favorite Al B. Sure song). I really enjoy their sense of humor.

yes! i love that al b sure song, laughed when i heard the rimz song

• i didnt know goldie was in the federation. wait is this the same whipcreamnutsncherries goldie?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    New Baby Daddy = one of the best old school beat flips I've heard in a looooooong time.