College Football Saturday

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Looks like another upset Saturday (+Friday). Nos. 3 and 5 go down. LSU had a bad half. UT is losing. Cal is in a dogfight (but you knew that would be a good game). Even #10 Rutgers is scuffling. USC and Florida both have semi-tough tests tonight.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Penn State Lost Yet Again.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Damnit, we can't get our anteana to work on the TV. I want to see Cal pull this one out.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Bring. On. U.S.C.

But dudes...the Fighting Irish?

• But dudes...the Fighting Irish?

This was the only game that I got to watch today.
    True definition of

Cal is likely going to be #3 tomorrow.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Cal looked good not great today, Oregon beat themselves, 4 turnovers in the 4th
    makes it pretty hard to win. Fun time none the less.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was listening to the BC game on the radio in
    my truck today, and the announcer kept calling
    Matt Ryan "Matty Heisman" ... it kind of made me
    puke in my mouth a little every time. Being from
    Massachusetts, college football means nothing to
    me - but I do like when BC has a good team.

Should I assume the rest of the country considers
    them pretenders?

Cal looked good not great today, Oregon beat themselves, 4 turnovers in the 4th
    makes it pretty hard to win. Fun time none the less.

Yeah, I don't think Cal deserves the #3 spot (and USC doesn't deserve #1 either) but as a Cal fan, the fact that we're even on the Top 25 is already pretty impressive let alone #3.

• Florida got last night (at home).

lolol

Florida got last night (at home).

lolol

Sheeyit, the number of folks getting sonned yesterday was off the meter. If only UW had pulled it out...

• Another great Saturday underway.

#5 Wisconsin on the ropes early at Champagne. Where's the Mad Drama Teacher?

Who you got in the Red River Shootout? OU is gonna crush.

Who you got LSU v. Florida?

Hey Eddie P.........our bet's for one week or what?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    one month sounds better

and God Bless Tivo

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I was listening to the BC game on the radio in
    my truck today, and the announcer kept calling
    Matt Ryan "Matty Heisman" ... it kind of made me
    puke in my mouth a little every time. Being from
    Massachusetts, college football means nothing to
    me - but I do like when BC has a good team.

Should I assume the rest of the country considers
    them pretenders?

Yeah, that's that knucklehead from WEEI calling the BC games. He's been calling Ryan "Matty Heisman" all year.

Cosine on not really caring about college football too much. I never even went to see a game at UMass when I was there, and I think they won a couple of 1-AA titles during that stretch. BC is pretty impressive this year, but they probably aren't really #6-in-the-nation good, never mind whatever top 5 spot they end up with after beating the living shit out of Bowling Green today 55-24. It wasn't even that close???BG's last 14 points were scored with BC's second string in.

Unfugginbelievable. Bwahahahaha, fuck SC. They lost to Stanfurd. Hahahaha.

Cal=#1 in the Pac-10, #2 in the nation. Hell must be icey right now.

• cal might goto #1 LSU is losing... LOLOLOL

Don't test the CEO. How does Les Miles even walk with balls that big.

Tell me when you're ready for yr avatar/loc, EP.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn. there goes all hope for a national title for SC. didn`t even bother to watch them. Upsets continue.

LSU`s running game is pretty sick.

damn. there goes all hope for a national title for SC. didn`t even bother to watch them. Upsets continue.

So much for your precious Trojans. Bandwagon that!

Seriously, let's please talk about this for a minute.

USC lost. In the Coliseum. To a team that's having one of the worst seasons ever (so far).

Sweet Jesus that's awesome. I don't even care that Cal advances because of this. It's just nice to see the USC hype get deflated. I can't say they've been faking ass poseurs the whole season (though last week was NAGL) but all this #1 talk finally gets dumped where it belongs.

Just in general too - how wide open is this nat'l championship this year? Shit is crazy!

USC lost. In the Coliseum. To a team that's having one of the worst seasons ever (so far).

Sweet Jesus that's awesome. I don't even care that Cal advances because of this. It's just nice to see the USC hype get deflated. I can't say they've been faking ass poseurs the whole season (though last week was NAGL) but all this talk finally gets dumped where it belongs.

Just in general too - how wide open is this nat'l championship this year? Shit is crazy!

Come on man. Let`s be serious. Their more than adequate play in the last decade has warranted that top ranking. Anything can happen in sports. Just as Cal, a no-name is making a name for themselves this year.

Sweet Jesus that's awesome. I don't even care that Cal advances because of this. It's just nice to see the USC hype get deflated. I can't say they've been faking ass poseurs the whole season (though last week was NAGL) but all this talk finally gets dumped where it belongs.

Come on man. Let`s be serious. Their more than adequate play in the last decade has warranted that top ranking. Anything can happen in sports. Just as Cal, a no-name is making a name for themselves this year.

Whatever. College football ranking is a voodoo science created by an imperfect system that will never be perfect (and perhaps, justifiably). The Trojans have not been playing like a #1 team. Last week's squeaker and this week's loss (AT HOME DUDE, HOME) just proves it.

Cal doesn't deserve their #2 ranking. They haven't earned it. But so far, we haven't lost to 41 point underdogs in our home stadium. Until that happens, Cal > USC.

Join our bandwagon. It's all good, there so many Asians at Cal, you'll fit right in.

• SEC football is king. What a fierce contest that was. As good a game as your gonna see this year. Don't sleep on Jacob Hester.

SEC football is king. What a fierce contest that was. As good a game as your gonna see this year. Don't sleep on Jacob Hester.

YES. That kid is the man.

Until that happens, Cal > USC.

Join our bandwagon. It's all good, there so many Asians at Cal, you'll fit right in.

Hell naw. Is USC ever playing Cal in conference play?

haha. I fully understand. Norcal and Socal will forever be rivals.

Dude

USC is playing Cal, at Cal, in November.

BTW, even KTLA's sports guys are describing Cal as the best team in the Pac-10. Saying.

Cal is the best team in the Pac 10....but they have issues.

USC had no business being #1 so it really doesn't matter if they lost today or later this month.

USC & LSU are playing the wrong dudes at Quarterback....

Les Miles is an ass.

LSU fans were nervous as hell.

Tebow is dude.

If Ohio State plays in the championship game i may jump off a bridge.

South Florida is cute.....but c'mon now

i can't believe Florida lost that game...DAMN !

Watch Oklahoma.

I'll wear the avatar tomorrow

Cal is the best team in the Pac 10....but they have issues.

USC had no business being #1 so it really doesn't matter if they lost today or later this month.

Saying. On both points.

And yeah, i cant believe Florida lost either.

(we coulda been #1!)

USC is playing Cal, at Cal, in November.

BTW, even KTLA's sports guys are describing Cal as the best team in the Pac-10. Saying.

We'll make an avatar bet, Mr. Wang.

• Les Miles is an ass the God of College Football today.

• Your new avatar:

Your new location: ONIONS

• Tebow is dude.