QUESTION: (45 RELATED)

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
anybody know anything about this 7" I found in the staash at home by the Lewis Explosion-"start to feelin' good again" presented by raphael chicorel on Pleasure Records? any info would be appreciated.thx,amir

Comments

• anybody know anything about this 7" I found in the staash at home by the Lewis Explosion-"start to feelin' good again" presented by raphael chicorel on Pleasure Records? any info would be appreciated.

thx,
    amir

So what do you need to know about this? outside of the fact that it is a Milwaukee based private press. white (maybe slightly mixed) group, kind of soulful kinda funky jam with mad percussion right? doesn't turn up everyday, not many are up on it. made a stir in the northern scene a little bit couple years back. can't remember if we filed that into the milwaukee branch of the collection?

my brother has more info on these dudes, i'll hit him up as i'm not sure how often he checks here. i recall that this label had pretty proper distribution, and maybe even some of the artists were living in other regions. but the label was based in the suburbs of milwaukee. this record tends to turn up more in other states than in WI.

largely unknown, maybe goes for a little change. if you like it, keep it. kinda rare.

BTW - nice seeing you & Kon out here in LA. next time get some better flights so we can kick it proper. you guys need to do Afrofunke in santa monica. Your latin joints would smash that crowd.

Peace,

Tom

• kind of a mediocre 45 if ya ask me. Sold mine with a quickness.

• Thanks Tom! That's what I needed to know...something about the group and how easy it is to get. I kinda like it and I am def. not getting rid of it. I was just was curious about it. Yeah, man I wanna stay a lil' longer in LA the next time so we can kick it and play some different parties. Thanks for coming thru.

peace,
    amir

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    yeah its an all female band that that dude raphael helped put together with some lady who is now some big wig in the music industry in ny... or was.

its been about 6+ years since i talked to all of them but it was easiest to find raphael. minnesota or somewhere out there. the info on the label is still correct i think.

good luck