Falling back in love with music...

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Lately I find myself uninspired to listen to music, I got records that are sitting by the player that I just don't feel like playing, in the car I'm listening to only talk radio now.Has this happened to anyone?I wanna rekindle my relationship with music but we got blocks of ice between us now

Comments

• just don't force it. nothin worse than trying to force a mood or a feeling if its just not right. There's nothing wrong with taking a break if you just aren't feeling it right now.

Maybe you should go see some live music?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    toward my latter years of working at a record store (around '01) i was starting to gross out pretty hard on music. i collected more than i listened to shit and everything new sounded like (fill in the blank band).

after quiting and getting into my new profession, i was introduced in '02 to the reggae soul genre (or whatever you want to call it). that shit totally made me enjoy listening to music again.

shit like on this comp.

anyway, music ain't going anywhere, so don't feel bad if you take a break for a while.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You can ship all your unappreciated raers to West LA and you could test your love.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    You can't swim all the time. It's good to dry off for a while.

- spidey

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    in the car I'm listening to only talk radio now.

Same here, with short blasts of the Cramps CD I found at the thrift store last week.

On the bus however, I have been OD'ing on Julian Cope-approved Japanese psych albums downloaded from blogs while reading Cope's book 'Japrocksampler'.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    it's sort of like looking for something you've lost - you got to just let it be for some time and it'll eventually show up. When you're not looking - you'll hear some joint that'll rekindle your whole shit. I just put on Bobbi Humphrey "Fancy Dancer" for shits and giggles and it made me realize I'm not listening to shit around the house nearly enough.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    try solo piano rakkords. glen gould cecil taylor horace tapscott abdullah ibrahim monk

• maybe watching James Brown dance will do the trick