Bad eBay Looks...

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Calling records on Just Sunshine "Private Press" might be bad, but could there be a worse possible look than stealing your Item Descriptions from Dusty Groove? And yes, I looked at that listing cause I figured nobody would be selling that $8.99 reissue for $20, thought I was gonna pull a buy-it-now steal...

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    so what man?!?! dont knock the hustle homie

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    dont knock the hustle homie

• hmmm using my detective skills........

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I wish that guy would steal Dusty Groove descriptions. All of that......................................stuff with the_________________________________________and the ********************************** is extremely annoying.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Anyone remember Rick Ta Life selling records on eBay and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he wrote,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• I wish that guy would steal Dusty Groove descriptions. All of that......................................stuff with the_________________________________________and the ********************************** is extremely annoying.

"NM (slight skip on the start of side2 does not effect song play/ cover in perfect shape"

what???

• it's all about,,,,,,,,,,,,,*********......... that breath control

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Huh?

Huh?
    Do you not understand the phrase?

Huh?

Sure. What's your point?

dont knock dudes ebay hustle. he aint doin nothin wrong, just tryin to slang his shit

Don't knock my soul strut hustle, homie. Just pointing out some shit I thought was funny, like ganking Dusty Groove descriptions.

naw, sayin it's a bad look is knockin dudes hustle.

Huh?

Sure. What's your point?
    So, if you understand the phrase (though it could be read that you surely do not), do you feel that posting these people's auctions on Soul Strut under the heading "Bad eBay Looks" is knocking their hustle?

Yeah, I said that cause I think it's a bad look. We could go all night.
    Since when is pointing out some messed up eBay shit out of bounds?
    And why do you care?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    It's not "knocking the hustle" or a "bad look" to be pissed when beat ass LPs get misrepresented though.

Huh?

Sure. What's your point?
    So, if you understand the phrase (though it could be read that you surely do not), do you feel that posting these people's auctions on Soul Strut under the heading "Bad eBay Looks" is knocking their hustle?

Naw, I just don't really give a shit if you think I'm "knockin' their hustle" or not. I'm not affecting the outcome of their auction; "Just Sunshine" ain't a "private press," Dusty Groove descriptions get "knocked" on here all the time, so I thought it was funny. A couple of other people did, too.
    Dead it.

All right...if you want to be the Official eBay Hustle Knocker then go right 'head.

Damn, you told me.

yeah i mean, and it's not even a good thing to knock, dude might really be under the impression Just Sunshine is private, and people steal description all the time. if i could tell you how many Allmusic reviews ive seen on ebay........

• dont knock the hustle homie

Huh?

Sure. What's your point?

Naw, I just don't really give a shit if you think I'm "knockin' their hustle" or not. I'm not affecting the outcome of their auction; "Just Sunshine" ain't a "private press," Dusty Groove descriptions get "knocked" on here all the time, so I thought it was funny. A couple of other people did, too.
    Dead it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i used to have the same couch!

Damn, you told me.

Nah, seriously, it's a good look for you; rock that title with pride, homay.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Soul Strut posts about people explaining why it's a bad look to say that an eBay auction is a bad look is a bad look. To put it simpler, if SoulonIce wants to clown people's eBay descriptions, that's his fucking right. Quit whining about it.

Maybe we need some more hustle knockin' around here.

• i used to have the same couch!

Strange, so did i now that you mention it, it was at college of course, i actually moved those things one summer during work study. They weigh a ton! And I found that image completely randomly.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Soul Strut posts about people explaining why it's a bad look to say that an eBay auction is a bad look is a bad look. To put it simpler, if SoulonIce wants to clown people's eBay descriptions, that's his fucking right. Quit whining about it.

Which brings us to...

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1120024518aschrock">

What is worse[/b]

Knockin' the hustle
    hustlin' the knocking
    argumentative ebay topic hustlin
    dry heaves
    dustygroove reissue hustlin' redefining lack of hustle

INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

And you know, I really wanted to just dead this, but what I thought was really funny, "hustle" or not, and why I put in both links, is because dude is selling the LP for buy-it-now $20, and stealing the description from the Dusty Groove listing where they are selling the same exact one for $8.99.

I thought that was funny.

If I offended anyone, sorry.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    And you know, I really wanted to just dead this, but what I thought was really funny, "hustle" or not, and why I put in both links, is because dude is selling the LP for buy-it-now $20, and stealing the description from the Dusty Groove listing where they are selling the same exact one for $8.99.

I thought that was funny.

If I offended anyone, sorry.

Don't be sorry. Apparently some dudes like to fuck with other dudes. I don't know why, I guess it's a lifestyle choice or something.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Even though I think the bickering in this thread is stupid, I am happy to step up and knock the hustle.

Honesty beats hustle in my book everyday.

Because of The Hustle every soul record sold on ebay is either; northern, modern or funk.

Because of The Hustle every folk and rock record produced after 1966 is psych.

Soon every independent label will be called a private press. "Rare Private Press Tamla LP Funk!!"

Lifting Dusty Groove discriptions has given us Japanese beat digging web sites titled Barouque.

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1120060233LaserWolf">

What Would You Do If You Were Ripped Off By An Ebay Description?[/b]
    Respect The Hustle
    Knock The Hustle
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

All you can give me one star now.

Dan