Amoeba's Been on Fire!

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
And not by records (no - that hasn't been the case in a long time)...... but rather - last time I was there so was which was cool - but that definitely doesn't hold a candle to who was there the time before.........none other than himself! With a mutant looking blonde on his arm. Awesome is and was an understatement.Anyone else seen anyone awesome there? Plaese to not talk about real celebrities....

Comments

• are you talking about in stores or artist who are

Seeing Danzig just shopping seems like it would be quite the experience.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    it's also a fantastic place to really develop your coke habit

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    are you talking about in stores or artist who are

Seeing Danzig just shopping seems like it would be quite the experience.

No - both these gentleman were shopping. Yea....wow.

• Also at Amoeba a while back:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    none other than
    himself!

Does Glenn carry a step-stool with him so he
    can reach into the record bids?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I saw Thelma Houston at Amoeba LA recently. She signed my "Sunshower" LP. Her set was (disco standards with instrumental CD in the background. No band.). She did do "Love And Happiness", though.

He now lives in the same town as I do (Sylmar). He recovered from an auto accident a few years back. Shortly afterward, he hosted a jazz education thing at the local library, which I think he will do again next year. A couple months ago, I saw him at the Catalina Jazz Club and got to talk with him a little bit while walking back to my car after the show. Nice guy.

• And not by records (no - that hasn't been the case in a long time)......
    but rather - last time I was there so was
    PHIL RANELIN[/b]

Anyone else seen anyone awesome there? Plaese to not talk about real celebrities....
    but if youre gonna post pics of these obscure-as-hell people, IDENTIFY THEM, dont just run a pic at random

THANKS!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You guys are lucky all I have seen recently is Calvin Johnson at Mississippi Records.