Seen on the walls of Atomic Records

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketOn the left, the OGOn the right a prop for the movie "La Bamba"Kind of cool to see this. The prop was flawlessly construced. Looked old as hell. Thought I would share

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yo let me hollar at that joe quarterman

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How much for the Joe Quarterman?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    How much for the Joe Quarterman?

Lemme take a guess 175 in Near mint condition.

• Woah, I don't work there. I just stopped by yesterday. You could call them and ask if they do mail order. I believe the price on that was $130 or something like that. That empty space to the left of Joe Quarterman was something I picked up

for a decent price too.

• damn - i haven't been to atomic in a minute. how is that place these days?
    Last time I was there they had that Lyman Woodard - Sat Night Special on the wall.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    damn - i haven't been to atomic in a minute. how is that place these days?
    Last time I was there they had that Lyman Woodard - Sat Night Special on the wall.

Yup, for $250.

Yup, for $250.

I missed it!!!?!?

Atomic is always hit and miss. If you're looking for a super deal, it's not always the place. If you're looking to spend a bit more for a clean copy of nice records without the hassle of Ebay, it's priceless.
    Deals are to be found...My friend found "Young Girls" for $3. I found "Har You" for $85.
    Sometimes there prices are laughable though.

I found "Har You" for $85.

I'm pretty sure that will NEVER happen again though.

And $250 for the Woodard is way too much. This was a year or os back though, when they had it up on the wall. Not sure if it's still there.

• you know how many times I've been outbid on NM copies of that Lyman? More than $250. Shit, even Mylatency was selling his for $300. A super clean copy of that will sell for stupid money on ebay.

• I found "Har You" for $85.

I'm pretty sure that will NEVER happen again though.

And $250 for the Woodard is way too much. This was a year or os back though, when they had it up on the wall. Not sure if it's still there.

Didn't you say that Har You had a click on Feed Me Good? Might explain the price, ODub.

• I'm pretty sure that will NEVER happen again though.

A couple months ago, I got Phil Cohran "Malcom X Memorial" for $150. Not cheap, but wayyyy below the going rate.

you know how many times I've been outbid on NM copies of that Lyman? More than $250. Shit, even Mylatency was selling his for $300. A super clean copy of that will sell for stupid money on ebay.

Not when I was trying to buy it a year ago. I finally got it off a friend for about $175 and I feel like I overpaid based on what it was getting on eBay at the time.

And the thing with Atomic - there still might be bargains from time to time, but I doubt they'd make the same mistake twice. So while you could find Har-You there for $85, I really doubt they'd do the same thing again. That shit would go striaght to eBay and never hit the floor.

• That shit would go striaght to eBay and never hit the floor.

Thats true. Most of their best stuff goes straight to ebay.

You have some nice friends too...I would shit myself If I saw a mint Lyman for $175.

Yes my copy of Har You has some ticks on "feed me good" but the song is so loud you barely hear it and it's only for ten seconds or so.

• How much for the Joe Quarterman?

Lemme take a guess 175 in Near mint condition.

goddamn, we had a minty one on the wall for over a year and it was only priced at $100. Finally some big spender japanese Gentleman came in a bought damn near all our wall pieces...dude was like 5 foot tall and 120 Lbs and he pulled about 3 grand in 100's out of his pocket, and he was on foot...I was like "dude, you dont know where you are walking around do you?"

That shit would go striaght to eBay and never hit the floor.

Thats true. Most of their best stuff goes straight to ebay.

You have some nice friends too...I would shit myself If I saw a mint Lyman for $175.

Yes my copy of Har You has some ticks on "feed me good" but the song is so loud you barely hear it and it's only for ten seconds or so.

$85 for Har-You is far, far, far more shit worthy than a $175 Lyman.

But hey, I'll trade ya

Yup, for $250.

I missed it!!!?!?

They get fairly regular copies from Lloyd at Rainbow Records from Detroit, so it'll show again fairly soon.

Shopping at Atomic plain sucks - in this day and age, being able to listen before purchasing particularly when you're looking for private raers (and Atomic tag on their customary 3 figure price on pretty much anything wall-worthy), is essential.

damn - i haven't been to atomic in a minute. how is that place these days?

Yup, for $250.

I missed it!!!?!?

They get fairly regular copies from Lloyd at Rainbow Records from Detroit, so it'll show again fairly soon.

Shopping at Atomic plain sucks - in this day and age, being able to listen before purchasing particularly when you're looking for private raers (and Atomic tag on their customary 3 figure price on pretty much anything wall-worthy), is essential.

Totally. Their "no listening station" policy is ass-backwards (even though I've been allowed to use my portable).

• They get fairly regular copies from Lloyd at Rainbow Records from Detroit, so it'll show again fairly soon.

Not having listening stations is California's curse. Very few record stores here (I can only thing of 2) trust the customers with expensive records to listen to before buying.
    I've asked the dudes at Atomic multiple times to play wall records to test them out and they always do it. It might be that I'm a returning customer, but they usually are nice about it and play a nice long section of any given lp.

Not having listening stations is California's curse. Very few record stores here (I can only thing of 2) trust the customers with expensive records to listen to before buying.
    I've asked the dudes at Atomic multiple times to play wall records to test them out and they always do it. It might be that I'm a returning customer, but they usually are nice about it and play a nice long section of any given lp.

That's not my experience in Southern California. Every used record store I've been to - with the exception of Amoeba and Atomic - have listening stations installed. In Nor Cal, it's a bit more hit and miss but I was never in a store up north that didn't allow you to use portables.