anyone know how to sell a cd on itunes?

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
why is this so fuckin hard to figure out?The only way I can find is to list your cd on cdbaby.com and they'll put it up for you but they take 9%, I dunno about all that...seeing as how apple prolly takes at least 5% too.That, and there's some book some dude wrote that costs $20...I'm like dude, you figured it out, just fuckin tell me. argh.Anyone got any deeper info on this?

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha, thanks...am i a retard or is that shit hidden?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I couldn't find it at all on the main iTunes site, but I think it showed up in search results for "selling iTunes" or something like that.

I've been searching different terms like that for like an hour...thanks.

• seeing as how apple prolly takes at least 5% too.

I heard they take 35%

well since it's our label...that's a little more for us. wheee

• oh, nice. 35% still seems exorbitant to me. Hopefully the distribution makes up for it.

What is it you're selling?

www.youngmaylay.net

yeah it is high...but man, if we do it through cdbaby they charge another 9% on top of that. yikes...but who knows if apple will even let us sell, we may HAVE to go through cdbaby. we shall see.

This is the first release on the label so if it does well we'll have some clout next time around. Rockstar games is gonna help us with promotions and we've already been getting some good pub with interviews and little stuff he's been doing with the Grand Theft Auto online community.