I'm just gonna start the WEEKDAY FINDS thread ...

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
... cause T-Dub pretty much slapped a on the weekend one with Del Jones. Nobody wants to follow that act. But, I do have a pile of stuff, going back over the past couple of weeks:Lots of solid stuff there - the Edd Henry and New Cymbals have been gettingmultiple plays, along with the Oncoming Times ... does the LP have any otherrevolutionary material like this on it? Does anyone even have the LP?Been wanting the UK press of the Clash LP with the better tracks for almost20 years. Just never seemed to see it in my travels. Also was after that 1st Grass Roots for a couple of years, ended up getting it cheap in my usualspot. That's why I keep going. Never did find out if that ESG is the rill thing.Also can't believe I never had that Sly. Killer album. Wish I hadfound the OG press, but this one was real clean. Otis Spann w/FleetwoodMac is fantastic! I can see why it goes for loot. Stark Naked is a prettygood prog/hard rock mix, with some tough riffs. Food is an OG but a littlebeat ... still, plays great and was hooked up for a great price on the sidewalkof Somerville from fellow Strutter AxeFoley ... thanks Ke**h!!Spellbinders is sealed (sealed-inner-sleeve style) and Three Times Dopeis a favorite from back in the day, haven't owned it on wax in like 18 yearsor something. "Greatest Man Alive" is such a rugged track, with the raw cuts.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    damn dude, i am jealous. i only have those first two 45s and that sly album. food is great!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you have that Bill Doggett 45? I was surprised how good
    it was ... that was actually a gift from my favorite girl.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Won a better sounding press of this:

And:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I got so used to the US version of that Clash LP that when I listen to the UK press (the only one I have now) it just sounds wrong, lucky I made a cassette dub of the other version for the car. Co-sign on that Sly though & the Otis Spaan/Mac. I passed on the Georgie Fame the other week because besides 'Somebody Stole My Thunder' & maybe one other cool track I found it pretty snoozy overall. 'Somebody Stole My Thunder' is still. Did it get a legit 45 release?

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Just one. Easily her best:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "..Thunder" did get a 45 release in the UK, although in
    a shorter edit. I like maybe 4 or 5 tracks on the LP, I
    actually really like the acoustic track that ends it. I
    also am more likely to pick up UK import LP's if only because
    they don't turn up too often. I think the version of "Thunder"
    on the US LP, "Shorty," is different, too, a live one instead
    of this one, so all the more reason to cop the UK OG.

• "..Thunder" did get a 45 release in the UK, although in
    a shorter edit. I like maybe 4 or 5 tracks on the LP, I
    actually really like the acoustic track that ends it. I
    also am more likely to pick up UK import LP's if only because
    they don't turn up too often. I think the version of "Thunder"
    on the US LP, "Shorty," is different, too, a live one instead
    of this one, so all the more reason to cop the UK OG.

But it's promo only and consequently sells for decent money.

I really like the LP throughout...more than his others certainly.