I just discovered

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
... the ILLMATIC jerk chicken spot not 30 seconds from my front door. I've lived here for over 2 years and never knew it. Shit was fucking all that.3 pieces homemade jerk chickenpeas & rice3 platanos likkle salad$5Add $1 for the Ting and I am so good to go.Tomorrow is Cowfoot stew special day.

Comments

• Damn, I fucking love jerk chicken. Platanos and rice? yes plaese. Anybody know any good midtown spots? I'm getting tired of Blarney burgers.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey dude, I don't know any midtown spots for Jerk but there's a great little spot for the PR stewed chicken with R&B&P on 23rd just off 6th. Little hole in the wall. Dope spot.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    ... the ILLMATIC jerk chicken spot not 30 seconds from my front door. I've lived here for over 2 years and never knew it. Shit was fucking all that.

3 pieces homemade jerk chicken
    peas & rice
    3 platanos
    likkle salad
    $5

Add $1 for the Ting and I am so good to go.

Tomorrow is Cowfoot stew special day.

I wanna pop your bagina

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    ... the ILLMATIC jerk chicken spot not 30 seconds from my front door. I've lived here for over 2 years and never knew it. Shit was fucking all that.

peas & rice
    3 platanos
    likkle salad
    $5

I wanna pop your bagina

Whoaaaa..

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

peas & rice
    3 platanos
    likkle salad
    $5

I wanna pop your bagina

the Daniel Wheeler of the AYOsphere?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

peas & rice
    3 platanos
    likkle salad
    $5

I wanna pop your bagina

the Daniel Wheeler of the AYOsphere?

Hahahahahahah WOW!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shag rug?

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Anybody know any good midtown spots?

Negril? I think that's more chelsea.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I love living in the Bay Area for many reasons but the fact that I can't get decent Caribbean or Cuban food is a fucking tragedy (well, a personal one). I mean, god bless the Mission burrito but I'd sacrifice that just to find a place that could make a decent side of beans and rice, ym?

Hell, I'd even settle for a Versailles up in SF (LA cats know the deal). It's not even like it's the best Cuban food ever but compared to what I got, I'll take it.

Oliver

peas & rice
    3 platanos
    likkle salad
    $5

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I love living in the Bay Area for many reasons but the fact that I can't get decent Caribbean or Cuban food is a fucking tragedy (well, a personal one). I mean, god bless the Mission burrito but I'd sacrifice that just to find a place that could make a decent side of beans and rice, ym?

Hell, I'd even settle for a Versailles up in SF (LA cats know the deal). It's not even like it's the best Cuban food ever but compared to what I got, I'll take it.

Oliver

peas & rice
    3 platanos
    likkle salad
    $5

O-Double,

Have you tried that spot on Noe at 14th (or 15th) that used to be Thai House? It opened about 6 months ago and claims to serve Cuban and Mexican food. I haven't tried it myself, but I thought I'd give you that option.

When I was in NYC recently, I saw a spot (in Chelsea, I think) called La Chinita Linda: Cuban/Chinese Cuisine.

Um...General Tso's Platanos? Anyone eaten there? I was intrigued.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Oliver

Well if it makes you feel any better, we just don't have the Mexican, even in thoroughly Mexican areas like Sunset Park.

Although I did go to a really good Trini restaurant in LA, as well as a passible Cuban one.

But I don't know what I would do without Caribbean food. Serious.

Goat Roti? Yes please.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

When I was in NYC recently, I saw a spot (in Chelsea, I think) called La Chinita Linda: Cuban/Chinese Cuisine.

The Chinese food in Cuba isn't half bad. There's a little couple block long strip in Havana Viejo which is considered the "Chinatown" of the city. It's not all that, but an interesting place to go eat.

• Options
    I love living in the Bay Area for many reasons but the fact that I can't get decent Caribbean or Cuban food

You live in the wrong city, Oliver. A 20 minute bike ride from my place in Scarborough (Kinston and Eglinton) yields over 25 Caribbean joints...besides the Sri Lankan, traditional Asian, East Indian, Ethiopian, and whatever else food jionts that lurk near by.

Bike Heaven, K in Canada.

• Options
    P.S. You guys got drive-through Oxtail down there?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah but I'm not a big fan of it.

• Options
    All about the Gelatin..ahhhhhhhh(insert Homer drool).

K.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

What the fuck is that?

• What the fuck is that?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Damn, I fucking love jerk chicken. Platanos and rice? yes plaese. Anybody know any good midtown spots? I'm getting tired of Blarney burgers.

Not midtown, but the dopest jerk pork in Manhattan is served at Yvonne's Jamaica on Wheels, a lunch truck that parks on 71 St. and York Ave right by the hospital. (She's got a stationary spot called Hot Pot Express on Madison btwn 104 and 105 Sts, but I've never been, so I can;t speak for it.) Yvonne runs the truck, she's there monday thru friday, and she's got a lot of character. They only serve jerk pork on tuesdays, but they have spcials everyday. I walked 30 blocks in this sticky weather for some and no regrets. Everything is dope there, can't go wrong with their oxtail or curried goat either, unfuckwithable.
    And if you are ever around Yankee stadium, drop by The Feeding Tree on Gerard Ave, btwn 161 and 162 St., the jerk chicken is really good there. Jamaican food rules!

• (She's got a stationary spot called Hot Pot Express on Madison btwn 104 and 105 Sts, but I've never been, so I can;t speak for it.)

AHA this is right by my work! I've probably walked right by it a thousand times, but its ON tomorrow. Thanks for the infos.