post flyers of your greatest failure

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
My biggest failure as a DJ was my "Rock N roll" drive in series I did at club here...I thought it would be a popular thing...rock concerts and movies, on the big screen (10'X 8'), then DJing afterwards, no cover and all-you-can-drink draft beer for $5...thought for sure it would be a winner...I think there were maybe 20 people TOTAL during its entire run...maybe because the flyers were mediocre, anyway the series of flyers makes for a pretty good overview of what the nights were like

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

to this very day, i still think this is my WORST gig EVER!

i did a horribly embarrasing DJ set that nite as an opening and I will never forget this nite

it was a great show though, totally packed out with a great line-up of competitors and supporting acts! but it was my first (and my last) cross-region DJ gig, I did that during my university holiday while i was on my way back home.

basically i had a bunch of records in my room and thats all i had to play, hence an unthoughtout hiphop set with lots of fuck ups in front of hundreds of people LOL!

nevertheless, it was an experience and well learnt lesson.

• Damn Hook Up... I would have gone to that shit and loved it!

Here's the flyer for my "got a knife pulled on me night".

• Are you trying to say can - live in cologne didn't get the ladies moving on the dancefloor???

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• hookup, maybe people didn't know what a "beer bust" was, i never heard that term. that night sounds like it could have been a winner

• hookup, maybe people didn't know what a "beer bust" was, i never heard that term. that night sounds like it could have been a winner

well, that term is well known around these parts every bar has them all during the week...people know what a beer bust was...I was just trying something different, I took over the beer bust, before me it was these two dipshit chicks playing Cyndi Lauper and 99 Luftballoons, having an 80s night for the beer bust and the club owner was about to pull his hair out about it, he couldnt take another night of that shit, so he gave me the night and let me run with it...he wanted a rock themed night and this is what I came up with...it sunk...