90% of Me is You

dark0dark0 61 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Does anyone know if there's an instrumental version of Gwen McCrae's "90% of Me is You"? I'm guess there is, but I've never seen a 45 or 12" for it.

Comments

• The 45 does not have an instrumental version.

• I love Gwen. She has an awesome early 80's track called Keep the Fire Burnin'
    its pretty much Disco but its HOT! I'll check and see if I got that somewhere.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    was that semi ironic ?

anyone got that soca/steel version that came out last year ?

• I assumed there was an instrumental because I don't think Large Pro could have used all the parts he used in Just Hanging Out from the vocal version. Maybe I'm wrong though.

• I assumed there was an instrumental because I don't think Large Pro could have used all the parts he used in Just Hanging Out from the vocal version. Maybe I'm wrong though.

There isn't an instrumental on the flip of the Vanessa Kendricks version on Glades is there?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the parts chop up so easy its stupid!

There isn't an instrumental on the flip of the Vanessa Kendricks version on Glades is there?

Nope.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    That's like people always asking if there is an Ernie Hines inst. !!! Just chop the parts up gentlemen......... Speaking of Gwen McCrae what was the big pop/dance tune fom 5 years back that sampled "All this love that i'm giving"???

They looped "Me feelings for you have always been true"

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    George and Gwen's "Mechanical Body" on their LP is what I need right now

stupid i passed up on it here before and didn't pick it up.

hate it when this happens.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Speaking of Gwen McCrae what was the big pop/dance tune fom 5 years back that sampled "All this love that i'm giving"???

They looped "Me feelings for you have always been true"

Cassius "Feeling For You"

• I always thought he used the Vanessa Kendricks one as from memory there is a vocal on the Gwen Mccrae on the bit he used, I could be wrong though as that VK one is focking rare

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    the parts chop up so easy its stupid!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Here's the Karime Kendra version for those who haven't heard it. The verb on the drums is serious!

• I always thought he used the Vanessa Kendricks one as from memory there is a vocal on the Gwen Mccrae on the bit he used, I could be wrong though as that VK one is focking rare

That's what i assumed too because the last bit wasn't open anywhere without the vocals.

• anyone got that soca/steel version that came out last year ?

Are you talking about the amarals trinidad cavaliers steel drum version? It's originally off a canadian LP called "heat" and has a bunch of solid tracks, like funky stuff.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I always thought he used the Vanessa Kendricks one as from memory there is a vocal on the Gwen Mccrae on the bit he used, I could be wrong though as that VK one is focking rare

That's what i assumed too because the last bit wasn't open anywhere without the vocals.

I think that the last part of the two bar beat was part of the Stills Kooper Bloomfield break on "Season of the Witch." Listen to the bridge part... greatest bridge ever by the way...