DJ Slip/Unknown "X-Men" with Zeppelin Bootleg?!

CBearCBear 902 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
This is my record day post. Don't know if anyone will be into it at all. I've been wondering about it for a long time. About 10 years ago I picked up DJ Slip and DJ Unknown's "Revenge of the X-Men" on Techno Kut at a used bookstore in Santa Cruz. Inside the jacket was both the "X-Men" and "Revenge of the X-men" records. Cool. Double score. When I got home I realized that side 2 of Revenge of the X-Men had live and studio Zeppelin stuff that I'd never heard anywhere else.Does anyone else have this record? Does it also have the bootleg? Has anyone heard this before? Any input about the record or the frequency of bootlegs would be interesting to me. Does this make the record more or less valuable? It's got a live version of Stairway to Heaven, and then a lot of studio recording. Kind of cool.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is my record day post. Don't know if anyone will be into it at all. I've been wondering about it for a long time. About 10 years ago I picked up DJ Slip and DJ Unknown's "Revenge of the X-Men" on Techno Kut at a used bookstore in Santa Cruz. Inside the jacket was both the "X-Men" and "Revenge of the X-men" records. Cool. Double score. When I got home I realized that side 2 of Revenge of the X-Men had live and studio Zeppelin stuff that I'd never heard anywhere else.

Does anyone else have this record? Does it also have the bootleg? Has anyone heard this before? Any input about the record or the frequency of bootlegs would be interesting to me. Does this make the record more or less valuable? It's got a live version of Stairway to Heaven, and then a lot of studio recording. Kind of cool.

Cool indeed. Can't offer much about the provenance of the recordings, although they sound like they may date from the sessions for "Physical Graffiti" - there are demos/rehearsals of "The Rover" and "In My Time Of Dying" in amongst all the other random shit, and that vaguely funky jam is something I've never heard at all before. Thanks for posting it.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    So does anyone have this Revenge of the X-Men record? I figured someone would have this Electro-jam.