Steely Dan (Rare Songs and Covers)

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
The band that soulstrut loves to hate/hates to love needs its own record day thread.1. the second arrangment was the song accidentally erased from the gaucho sessions."crashed in the yellow jag, got my life and laundry in gladstone bags"2. This is one of the tracks from the 5-song Trans Island Expressway single/ep. I love this song. Apparently, it was written for filmmaker Spike Lee. Big Noise, New York:and here is the version jennifer warnes recorded on her album "the hunter"3. Trans Island Skyway-drums, bass, vocal demo:4. Did you know that Mel Torme, the Velvet Fog, was a huge fan of steely dan and donald fagen. he recorded an unbeliveable version of the Goodbye Look from the Nightfly and here it is:5. debby dean-any world that i'm welcome too (solo piano)6. a jazzy version of "Do It Again" by my favourite jazz vocalist mark murphy. this version does not exactly blow my mind but it is an orginal interpretation. I am seeking his cover of "maxine" if someone can upload that i would be eternally greatful.DivShare File - 04 Do It Again.m4a

Comments

• AWESOME.

• You need this Steely Dan cover album in your life, mostly stripped down version with just piano/rhodes and vocals.

Must-have album if your're a Steely Dan fan.

Sara Isaksson & Rebecka T??rnqvist - "Fire In The Hole" (Moule Recordings)

http://forums.naim-audio.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/38019385/m/4222905607

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    There is a cover of "Maxine" by Marina Lima in portuguese too which I heard from some Brasilians in Manchester years ago. They didn't know the Fagen O.G. and argued he'd ripped their girl off.

[insert graemlinfest here]

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    http://www2.uol.com.br/mlima/perola_video.html

"LADY SINGS THE BLUES/ DOIDA DE RACHAR
    (Holiday Nichols)/ Donald Fagen - Vers??o: Marina Lima)"

• This All Too Mobile Home- Best version from 74 tour- Check out the extended jeff pocaro/jim hodder drum break at the end

snowbound-bass, drums, vocals demo

• i love to love steely dan! thanks for this, nice tracks!

• nice version breakself, who is the artist?

abebi stafford- green earings (solo rhodes)

• Deep Heat, from Detroit. Their name is embedded in the logo beneath the title.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I don't think I'm gonna get anything done today.

• Anyone got the full-band recording of the Gaucho outtake "The Second Arrangement" they could upload? I dl'd an MP3 of this gem (demo version? According to legend, the official take was half-erased by accident) a few years ago, but cannot seem to locate it on my drive anymore. The only version that currently appears to be on-line is the keyboard/bass version, which is not really comparable.

Definitely would've been THE highlight of the Gaucho album had it been released.

Who gots?

• Anyone got the full-band recording of the Gaucho outtake "The Second Arrangement" they could upload?

dude, thats the first song i uploaded..

• Anybody got that Steely Dan / Michael Jackson thing by that group Slingshot?

Its this medley thing from the early 80s with Billie Jean and I cant remember which Stelly Dan track (do it again?).

Its a fun listen and usually throws a crowd for a loop when you throw it on.

• Anyone got the full-band recording of the Gaucho outtake "The Second Arrangement" they could upload?

dude, thats the first song i uploaded..

OOF!!! My bad...damn, I'm out of it!

Thanks!

• Kulee Baba-CHECK THIS OUT IF YOU HAVEN:T HEARD ALREADY

kulee baba

intro
    F13 C#9 A7alt F#13

B7alt G7alt Eb13 C7alt

F13 C#9/F A7alt/F F#13

F13 C#9/F A7alt/F C7alt

verse

Cm9 F13