kfjc broadcasting live from amoeba berkeley 9/22

diane_dianediane_diane 104 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
this is just a quick note to invite you out to kfjc's penny pitch this saturday in berkeley. what's a penny pitch, you ask? it's just a chance for you to donate spare change (if you've got it) to kfjc, watch/listen to our djs broadcasting live from a remote location, and perhaps meet that dj you've listened to for years but never actually got to see in the flesh.we will be taking over the streets of berkeley right in front of amoeba on telegraph as my beloved golden bears annihilate the wildcats up the hill at memorial stadium.KFJC!Saturday September 22 from 1 to 6:PM@ Amoeba Music2455 Telegraph Ave in BerkeleyCome join us at our third and final Penny Pitch of the season. See what our DJs look and spin like in real life. Live broadcast. All ages welcome! dj lineup: * 1:PM Guy Montag * 2:PM Cinderaura * 3:PM Morris Minor * 4:PM Anubis * 5:PM Trinity (<-- that's me!)[/b]please also holler if you want to make a trek to zachary's with me after 6 pm. hope to see you there!xo,diane

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hi Diane, Gonna try to make it.
    Damn, the whole crew is going to be there!
    If not, most def gonna listen:).

Hope all is well homie and take it steady!

Peace and Much Respect:
    Adrian(age)

• awesome! it'll be great to see you again, adrian!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    if i go will i be allowed to dance there?

dances of interest to me include:[/b]
    -the spiderman (to include silly string ala' army boy)
    -the superman
    -i've been practicing my crank dat so i might bust that out
    -the waterhose
    -the pepper seed
    -the shabba and nardo ranks

also will a microphone be set up for shout outs? if so i will bring a list.

thank you in advance for answering my questions regarding this event.

• dancing is REQUIRED.

microphones and recording devices will be available for your shout outs.

http://www.kfjc.org/listeners/index.php

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    microphones and recording devices will be available for your shout outs.

http://www.kfjc.org/listeners/index.php

scooby doo![/b]

They are 60 seconds or less in length
    -They mention at least once:
    -Our station callsign: KFJC or KFJC 89.7 FM
    -The phone number: 650-941-6800
    -Our website: www.kfjc.org
    -They don't contain language that we're not allowed to play on the air
    -They promote KFJC only, not anyone else
    -They try to be humorous
    this clearly won't work as i had intended to do a 3 minute slam poetry reading giving shout outs to other radio stations with a lot of curses in a non funny way. also it is really hard for me to remember the call letters of 89.7.

other questions i have:

- can i make requests? i'd like to here "don't act like you don't know" by skillz and freeway.
    - will you guys be giving away tickets to the justin timberlake concert like moving 99.7 has been doing all week?
    - what if i give shout outs to djs from other radio shows like stretch, bobbito, lord sear, red alert, special k, eclipse, kay slay etc..? is that allowed within the confines of your extensive communist rule list?

thank you.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    couldn't make it today, but i listened to 30 minutes of the stream after you went on. it sounded good. you guys collect muchos loose change?

• i hope kfjc may contribute to this thread...

DO YOU SAVE SPARE CHANGE?