somewhere between...

DrXparaMentalDrXparaMental 2 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Not sure why, but when I have tried to respond to my initial post and the follow ups, it keeps saying "the form is no longer valid". So, I reposted. What am I doing wrong?Hey, thanks to all for the useful replies and who really cares about the clown troll comments. Yaknow? I will check these efforts out including the myspace material which is GREAT BTW. Not really looking for "Beck Clones" but rather just wanted to reference the upbeat sequenced material that the Dust Bros. supplied on the Guero album. I have yet to hear the remix of it.I was given these recommendations over on the Ableton forum. Including the suggestions here on SS, the list is something likeOwusu & Hannibal - Blue Jayhoney dollbill laswell's stuff with graham haynesshudder to thinkAmon Tobin Richie HawtinStars of the Lid Fog Battles 65daysofstaticCorneliusLe Tigrejamie lidellBoards of CanadaAtom Heart Burnt Friedman Fernando Corona (aka Murcof) Flanger ( AtomHeart & Burnt Friedman) Nine Horses ( David Sylvian, Burnt Friedman, Steve Jansen with guest appearances by Ryuchi Sakamoto and Erik Truffaz) Tweaker (aka Chris Vrenna) Bjork Meat Beat Manifesto Future Sound of London (Lifeforms and Dead Cities in particular) David Sylvians Blemish,The GoodSon vs The OnlyDaugther and collabs with Fripp, Czukay, Sakamoto etc etc ) Akira Rabealis (excuse the spelling) Harold Budd Eno Oval Akufen John Foxx Richard H.Kirk (ex Cabaret Voltaire has a superb back catalog) Recoil (aka Alan Wilder - ex Depeche Mode - ditto.......) Mark Bell (LFO) Matmos DJ Shadow Massive Attack Portishead Tortoise Unkle I still love Radiohead's Kid A, Pink Floyds Animals and Dark Side of the Moon, Orbital's Brown Album, Underworlds Beaucoup Fish etc also. Older Public Image Limited material Early 80's Cabaret Voltaire, SPK, Throbbing Gristle, Propoganda, Magazine, Dali's Car, SoftCell, Heaven17, Thomas Dolby for exampleFingathingJaga JazzistRed SnapperNightmares on Wax

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Flanger ( AtomHeart & Burnt Friedman) [/b]

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Add also:

Transfer Station Blue

Clouddead

Odd Nosdam

Brian Eno's last album

Jon Hassell