Spin Rage: You Couldn't Make It Up.

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
"A Wall Street stock broker has been charged with assault after he became so enraged by the noisy exertions of a fellow member at a Manhattan health club that he threw him and his cycling machine against a wall. In what a prosecution lawyer described as ???spin rage??? - a reference to the high-intensity cycling workout called ???spinning??? that both men were doing - Christopher Carter, 44, is accused of injuring Stuart Sugarman, a hedge-fund manager.The pair had been exercising at the Equinox gym, a smart Upper East Side establishment frequented by celebrities and rich businessmen.According to Samuel Davis, Mr Sugarman???s lawyer, his client was enjoying the ???euphoric experience??? of cycling and was making noises to increase his high.Mr Sugarman, 48, admits he noisily war-whooped, groaned and shouted, "You go, girl!" during the spin workout last month.Mr Davis said: ???Carter yelled over to him to shut up. My client yells back: 'This is spin class. If you don???t like it, leave. Stop being such a baby'."According to Mr Sugarman, Mr Carter, who was three bikes over, repeatedly shouted at him to ???Shut the **** up!??? and then leapt off his machine and came charging over to him.Mr Carter then allegedly tilted the front wheel of the other man???s cycling machine a yard off the floor and flipped the bike and its rider into a wall.Mr Sugarman got back on the bike and continued the class but stopped when he began to feel pain, his lawyer said.He called an ambulance on his mobile phone and was taken to a hospital.Mr Sugarman claims he needed surgery to correct a herniated disc pressing on his spinal cord and that his surgeon told him he was ???one click away from a wheelchair???.However, the criminal complaint lodged against Mr Carter only accuses him of causing ???sustained lower back pain???.Much to Mr Sugarman???s annoyance, prosecutors are only treating the assault as a misdemeanour rather than a felony.He said: ???This wasn???t just a playground fall where Stewy fell down and went boo hoo.???Michael Farkas, Mr Carter???s lawyer, said: ???We intend to vigorously fight this charge. We await the truth to come out, which will be a vastly different story than Mr Sugarman???s.???You go, girl?

Comments

• i'd gladly represent the accused in this case. when people groan while they are lifting weights at my health club i feel like dropping one of those 80 lb dumbells on their feet. get over yourself. its a health club, not a training camp for the world's strongest man competition. this behavior has progressed to the treadmills, i see fools weezing and crying like they are on some record setting pace for the ny marathon.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    You go, girl?

"The pair had been exercising at the Equinox gym, a smart Upper East Side establishment frequented by celebrities and rich businessmen.

they need to hit the block and do some crosswalk light pull ups. smart upper east side gym...sheeeeeeeeit.