NYC: Saturday | 22 Sept | Samba Soul | S.O.B.'s

tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
SATURDAY | 22 SEPTEMBER 2007[[ SAMBA SOUL[/b] ]]featuring DJs:[[ CHUCK CHU[/b] ]] :: NYC // www.myspace.com/chuckchu[[ DJ LIL TIGER[/b] ]] :: NYC/HOU (Haterzville, buhbOmp Radio, Touch and Feel Radio, Soular Grooves, Get Broke All-Stars, Parakitachi) // www.myspace.com/djliltiger@ S.O.B.'s204 Varick St.New York, NY 10014212.243.4940featuring live performances by:[[ SUGAR LOAF[/b] ]]Doors: 7p | Shows: 8.30p, 10.30p and 12.30a | SAMBA SOUL: 12-4a[/b] | 21+*** $5 w/ RSVP[/b] (or w/ dinner reservation before 10p) ***send RSVP to:liltiger@soulargrooves.com[/b][ $20 regular admission | $10 w/ flier or w/ valid student ID ]I have an unlimited reduced list at $5 a head. The night is normally $20 ($10 with flier). But if you get on my reduced list, cover is only $5. Anybody that wants to come out, hit me with an RSVP email to get on the reduced list. FIRST AND LAST NAMES please of EACH person that wants to attend.Again, I have an unlimited list, so I can take as many names as are willing to come out. Even if you or your friends are on the fence, holler at me and I'll put y'all on the reduced list just in case.The music is gonna be uptempo, dance oriented stuff with a strong shoulder lean toward Brazilian and Latin, but we'll be mixing in a bunch a different things from Hip-Hop to Reggae to Salsa to Broken Beat and more.Our party jumps off at midnight after the live performances.more info + maps:[/b]www.directdriven.com/sambasoul/sobs.com/brazilian/2007/sep/0922.htmlsome video clips:[/b]samba soul es un carnavalsamba lessons========== DJ LIL TIGER[/b] info: Caribbean-born, Houston-raised DJ Lil Tiger, a broken beat (bruk) fixture on DJ Sun's renowned Houston radio show Soular Grooves (KPFT), and co-host of Touch and Feel Radio (LA/Houston/NYC), blends broken beat, Roti House, dancehall, afro-latin rhythms, UKG, house, soul and hip-hop. Having recently moved to Queens from Los Angeles, the ever-nomadic Arubian DJ continues his crusade to spread bruk as a member of numerous crews, including the Get Broke All-Stars (Austin, TX), Parakitachi Crew (Austin/Houston), and BuhbOmp Crew (NYC/Houston), and has opened for both Nickodemus and Jazzanova. He also co-hosted two of Texas' pioneering underground Hip-Hop shows, the House of Phat Beats (Austin/KVRX) and the Dolla Holla Show (Austin/KO.OP). Earlier this year, he kicked off a new radio podcast called BuhbOmp that features party-style mixes of all varieties from a rotating host of DJs. He has also released five mix CDs: Na Mundo (house + broken beat), Night Groove Vol. 1-3 (live broken beat mixes), and Chainsaw Juggling Vol. 1 (dancehall), all under the Parakitachi umbrella. ========== DJ CHUCK CHU[/b] info: I'm an Italian-American Bronxnite returning home to raise some ruckus. After spending time in various locations across the country at school, and on tour... I realized there is no place like home! Now back in the boogie, I have become more focused on stabilizing my lifestyle, and delving into the indulgence of music from anywhere and everywhere.*** Alongside MC Diverse (Chocolate Industries), I had the honor of touring with hip-hop's finest, and playing a few great showcases. We covered the domestic globe with groups like Lyrics Born, Lifesavas, Blueprint, RJD2, OHNO, Aesop Rock, Blackalicious, and Lady Sovereign.*** Today you will find me, alongside DJ Lil Tiger, in the crevices of the NYC backdrop, playing choice gigs for a vast eclectic audience. Jazz and Soul at Tribeca wine bars, hip-hop downbeat at Brooklyn's Independent Art Galleries, and most recently, a coveted monthly at the legendary SOBs for late night Saturday B.U.M.P. ==========

Comments