POST YOUR "YELPS" (EPICUREAN RELATED)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
The Groove Merchant
If you can't find anything good at the Groove Mercahnt you either A). Are Corny B). Don't like Soul, Hip-Hop, Latin, Reggae, New dancefloor type stuff, Jazz, or psyche rock C). You're cheap D). One of the few people on earth who knows more about undiscovered music than Cool Chris, B-Cause, or Vinne!I'm not sure why people always mention price, that's what records are worth nowadays. Sorry, a one-of-a-king soul record that was pressed in small amounts 30 years ago is going to go for cash. And if you look and know your records you can find a lot of great music under 15-20 bucks.Unless heads are going to some super-duper magical store where everying is super cheap and GOOD, then yeah complain away. Otherwise, keep-a-steppin'!
Alembic
This is my first review, so excuse me if I'm out of line or something. F#ck this place, straight up. I walked in with my girlfriend, sat at the bar, and the bartender didn't even bother saying hello. Dude just stood there,looking like Andy Dick, drying some glasses. And oh yes, dude did know we where there.After a few minutes he finally acknowledged us by asking us what we would like, natrually since Alembic has a bunch of drinks that aren't common my girlfriend asked for a recomendation. Our cordial homie simply goes "*sigh*I don't know, what do you like". So after a decision was finally made we paid for the drink. Here's the clincher, this heavy-handed prick threw the change back. Sorry, but that is straight up rude.I give that spot the evil stink eye everytime I walk past it on the way to Amoeba, Milk, or whatever place is on Haight.So yeah! Neener neener Alembic. I give it one star because the descriptions on the drink menu are very well written, unlike this review.

Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts

1101 Fillmore Street
    San Francisco, CA 94115
    (415) 567-0771
    Charlie's Pharmacy

Category: Drugstores
    Neighborhood: Western Addition/NOPA

It's a pharmacy? what the hell I go here for the liquor. If you walk up to the back counter they have a menu with all kinds of awesome liquor packs for you to purchase. Personally I go with a cutty bang it's only 5 bucks and you get three tiny bottles of liquor, one bicardi limon, one seagrams dry gin, one tanquaray and an 8oz can of dole pine apple juice. Ask for a cup with ice and pour that shit up. Cutty Bangs make the world go round.

if you want to be weak you can order a Thizz, it has less liquor in it, but fuck that be real and get a Cutty Bang. It's the only one that Taydaytay has made a rap song about.