Good Records NYC is HIRING.

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
Folks always come in here and ask if I'm hiring, and I usually am not; however, due to employee relocations both physical and mental, I find myself without basic help for when I'm out of town or otherwise occupied. So for the first time ever, I am going to open GRNYC to resumes, interviews, and other forms of hollering.WARNING: Now everyone thinks it's awesome to work at a record store and dreams of getting first crack at that collection or hook-up on that baller piece. However I am here to tell you that it is not like that. You are getting paid to be a dealer, not a junkie. You will see a lot of records but I am strict about what I let employees take home. The customers come first, and you don't get high on your own supply. HOURS: You'll need to have a flexible schedule. It's an 8 hour shift that can happen on any day of the week. I usually give at least a week's notice when I need someone to cover, but I don't usually need more than 4-5 days a month at most. This is ideal for people whose current jobs are DJing, tending bar, selling drugs, blogging, self-employed graphic design, playing bass in a rock band, etc. who want to supplement their income and do something interesting. If you have a demanding 9-5 this is probably not for you.OTHER STUFF: You can make as much or as little of this as you want - the bar is not set very high, but there is certainly room for growth. I am looking at an increasingly busy schedule and it would be nice to have someone in here to take on additional responsibilities. However for right now the immediate concern is to have a warm body behind the counter with an above-average IQ and a minimally abrasive personality. Record knowledge is a plus, real life sales experience (records or otherwise) a BIG plus.***PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS. EMAIL [email]good.records@gmail.com[/email] My decision will be based on who I think can best help the shop and who I feel I can trust with my cash and my records. Thanks to SoulStrut for helping to make this year the best ever for Good Records NYC! I hope to be hearing from some of you real soon.

Comments

• and a minimally abrasive personality.

Online or in real-life?

• and a minimally abrasive personality.

Online or in real-life?

A good enough balance of the two to drive internet hype yet not drive people out of the physical shop.

It's a hard job but somebody's got to do it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i want a hot secretary

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You are getting paid to be a dealer, not a junkie.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    401k?

• 401k?

24k Black.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    other forms of hollering.

• ue to employee relocations both physical and mental,

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This is ideal for people whose current jobs are DJing, tending bar, selling drugs, blogging, self-employed graphic design, playing bass in a rock band...

Are you saying the remaining 5% of SoulStrut is ineligible?

• Folks always come in here and ask if I'm hiring, and I usually am not; however, due to employee relocations both physical and mental

and an above-average IQ and a minimally abrasive personality.

plaese to put simon on blast!!!!!!

***PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS. EMAIL

PM SENT! GOOD RECORDS RULES!!!!!! i will come down and start tomorrow with my records and we do this bizness thing together. future is BrIGHT.
    we KILL thE competition together. I'll WRAP A tonearm around their fookin hEADS.

cheers!-tony

• Mr. Paycheck do you offer a relocation package? How about a work visa for foreigners? Are there any stock options? What about profit share scheme? Do you offer a pension? Company healthcare? How many days holiday a year? Is there the opportunity to open my own "Good Records" franchises? Do I get a PA? What's your policy on shoplifters as I'd need to know what to do if Pete Rock came in. Are there any plans to float Good Records on the stock market soon?

and yo, what type of cha-ching we talking here? as I have a lifestyle to maintain

I await your job offer

• Position Filled.

Thanks!

• Position Filled.

Thanks!

I've been waiting the results. I'm picturing the boy putting some record dudes through a I-Love-New-York-esque type of gauntelet.

• All I'm gonna say here is the winner impressed my mom AND rubbed my feet.

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE NEW YORK!

• All I'm gonna say here is the winner impressed my mom AND rubbed my feet.

I'd blap-blap

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    New York is the new Good Records employee? Sweet! I knew you were going to go the hot record chick route, excellent choice.

• Do you have any sekrens?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    All I'm gonna say here is the winner impressed my mom AND rubbed my feet.

I'd blap-blap

You'd blap Jay-Z with a weave?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

Holy shit, supadupa egotrip graemlin.

• Holy shit, supadupa egotrip graemlin.

Yes!

:RealHeadzKnowTheREAL:

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    ***PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS. EMAIL

PM SENT! GOOD RECORDS RULES!!!!!! i will come down and start tomorrow with my records and we do this bizness thing together. future is BrIGHT.
    we KILL thE competition together. I'll WRAP A tonearm around their fookin hEADS.

cheers!-tony

LOL

• Tony you have a job in my shop any time you want it.

I NEED MORE RECORDS FOR MY FREAKY VAN!!!