Revelation Funk out of Akron??

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
on the Revelation Funk "bear funk/elastic lover" 45 on Gold Plate?Can't find much on this 45 from the Dayton, OH band.Dante?

Comments

• aren't those the dudes who played on the Dolemite OST?

• The Filmore St. Soul Rebellion played on Dolemite...I think Revelation Funk played on something for Rudy Ray Moore but i'm not sure.

• The Filmore St. Soul Rebellion played on Dolemite...I think Revelation Funk played on something for Rudy Ray Moore but i'm not sure.

nah, they are on the Dolemite OST... they do "Time Is On Our Side". James Ingram was down with them too.

• This record rules. Dante sold it a few months ago for 350 or so on Ebay. There are WLP copies and regular issue copies about.

• Word, Thanks! I had a good day today...payed $200 total for a clean copy of that and a clean copy of Dayton Sidewinders "funky in here" 45. I am celebrating with Murphy's Irish Red tonight!!!

• another copy went for 200$ a few days after Carfagna sold his.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    $300. Wow. Was this not a $20 record not that long ago? I got mine for not more than $20, less than 5 years ago. I always loved that tune. Couldn't understand why it wasn't going for more.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This record rules. Dante sold it a few months ago for 350 or so on Ebay. There are WLP copies and regular issue copies about.

Oh I see that we are actually talking about 2 different records. THe Expensive RF tune is "Running" not Bear Funk.

• This record rules. Dante sold it a few months ago for 350 or so on Ebay. There are WLP copies and regular issue copies about.

Oh I see that we are actually talking about 2 different records. THe Expensive RF tune is "Running" not Bear Funk.

oh yeah, shit, the Bear Funk record is 20$, I kinda missed that important detail whilst skimming over the thread....

• Damn! Oh well, atleast I got the Dayton Sidewinders joint for cheap

• Revelation Funk was John Birkett's band.
    The Bearkat record is rare, the Gold Plate record is common, but both are good.
    Future star James Ingram got his start with this group, leaving the fold when the group traveled to Los Angeles in the mid-70s.
    During this time in LA, they played often and eventually showed up on the Dolemite soundtrack.
    Members of Revelation Funk played with many other Akron acts, including Axis, Alias Funk and Soul, Pleasure Web, and the Silky Vincent Group.
    I have a reel of unreleased RF material that is very, very good.

Sidebar: Just before Jessie & the Mel-O-Tones changed their name to the Pleasure Web, they were briefly known as PREGNANT SOUL.

Here???s a pic of James Ingram from the RF days:

And here's a clip of the Bearkat A-side, "Running":

http://www.ohiosoulrecordings.com/ebayAudio/bearkat.mp3