Nutty eBay Descriptions

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
THIS IS AN AUTHENTICALLY AUTOGRAPHED LP BY ALOHE, JAMES, CLARENCE, AND DENNIS......... THE FIVE STAIRSTEPS(STEREO WINDY C WCS 6000). FRONT PHOTO COVER IS SIGNED BY ALOHE, JAMES, CLARENCE, AND DENNIS. TRACKS:DANGER SHES A STRANGER,GIRL I LOVE,COME BACK,TOUCH OF YOU,YOU WAITED TOO LONG,PLAYGIRLS LOVE,WORLD OF FANTASY,OOH BABY BABY,DONT WASTE YOUR TIME,YOU DONT LOVE ME,BEHIND CURTAINS...CONDITION OF THE VINYL IS VG MINUS, COVER AND AUTOGRAPH IS VG..................................I acquired this vintage item from the estate of Steve Gibson (of The Red Caps).Mr.Gibson , who was married to Damita Jo , passed away a number of years ago and therefore, I cannot be specific as to how he obtained possession of this extremely rare piece. Mr. Gibson (1914-1995) began collecting in 1933 when he obtained the autograph of Cab Calloway . From there, he built a collection of more than 8,000 autographs ......... ...................... .Since it is impossible for me to obtain a Certificate of Authenticity from Mr.Gibson,I am displaying a photo of an automobile title from the Pennsylvania Division of Motor Vehicles .The title is not for sale as part of this auction.I took the photo to add to the credibility of this item..I have 10 more documents from his estate . If you wish to see more scans, let me know............=========================== ...........If you're worried about forged autographs, that's good, because you should be. With all of the legitimate possibilities available for dealers, I find it saddening and greatly disappointing that many organizations are short changing the public and insulting the industry with fraudulent paraphernalia and blatant forgeries. Such practices harm the entire autograph industry by undermining the trust of collectors. The dishonest business practices of these organizations allow them to offer bargain-basement prices to the inexperienced and unwary collector................ I suggest that you NEVER buy anything from anyone whom sells an item by listing the sale with the "PRIVATE FEEDBACK" option. This is a tactic that some sellers are using to sell fraudulent items where they try and make you believe that they are only doing so to help protect the potential buyers' ebay ID and identity. The true reason that they use the "PRIVATE FEEDBACK" is to hide. Would you bid on anything in a public auction if you could not see whom you were bidding against? If one is selling a genuine autograph, and if any recognized dealer was also bidding upon it, most definitely the final bidding price would be far much higher at auctions' end!!!..............Many large companies with substantial advertising budgets say they buy autographs in mass quantities and disperse them to the public at wholesale prices............They have got to be kidding.......... I find these prices and quantities astounding considering the fact that most celebrities make it a habit to sign only one autograph per person. For a celebrity to sign two or three items at a time is a privilege and great accomplishment...... Do not rely at all on "COA's" as these are absolutely meaningless (THE UACC DOES NOT ISSUE CERTIFICATES OF AUTHENTICITY AND DOES NOT ENDORSE THE USE OF CERTIFICATES) . They aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Anyone with a printer can make a COA, and if they're going to forge an autograph, they won't hesitate to make a COA....... If you are looking for a fancy, multicolored, 3-dimensional, polkadot COA and a bad autograph, we suggest you go elsewhere. In fact, from my observations,I can tell you that the more your COA corresponds to a piece of modern art, the less your item is likely to be authentic..I FEEL IT'S TIME FOR SERIOUS AUTOGRAPH COLLECTORS TO RELY MORE ON LOGIC AND A TRAINED, EDUCATED EYE THAN A SLIP OF PAPER PAINLESSLY ISSUED BY A MERCHANT ................................ Our policy on autographs is that we guarantee the authenticity of each item to the very best of our ability.The best guarantee a buyer has for autographs is the credibility and experience of the dealer and the probability of the dealer being in business in the future. .I HAVE SUPPLIED SOME OF THE WORLDS MOST RESPECTED BUYERS--INCLUDING THE CARNEGIE HALL MUSEUM AND THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION-- AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING RETURNED DUE TO AUTHENTICITY. However, if any autographed item we sell is ever found not to be authentic by a certified or ebay approved expert in the field, we will gladly refund the purchase price. This guarantee is good forever..................................... Other Ebay Members are not permitted to email buyers in an open or completed transaction to attack or warn them away from a seller or item. Please send a copy of any email that you receive to ebay customer support and to me. Please add $5.00 domestic postage (media rate for LP's ,magazines,sheet music/first class for 45's) including mandatory insurance to your order..... MEDIA MAIL PARCELS WILL TAKE FROM THREE TO TWENTY-ONE DAYS TO REACH YOU.International air mail postage (no insurance) is $15.00 for a record album ,$10.00 for a magazine /songbook,and $7.00 for 45's,sheet music,...An Lp or magazine mailed to Canada is $8.00 for air mail.I will not be held responsible for any lost international shipments. Add another $8.00 if you want international insurance.If you wish to combine postage charges,you must make one single payment at the end of your purchases within 11 days from first winning bid....Please do not QUIBBLE about our postage & handling rates****** BID WITH CONFIDENCE! We guarantee what we sell.Refunds will be made by personal check or Paypal+++++THERE IS NO REASON TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK--JUST RETURN THE ITEM!!! We leave feedback once a week and WE WILL MIRROR THE FEEDBACK YOU GIVE TO US !!!!!!!! The buyer has an ten day return privilege from the time he/she receives the item---in the same condition as received.The buyer does not have to give a reason for a return and can demand a refund less postage costs.Leaving adverse feedback voids the guarantee, so write before venting on the feedback forum. === ===We have been selling music memorabilia through the mail since 1976-basically through different Magazines.It is best to call us as early in the day as possible,as we usually do not pick up the phone after 6 P.M.We have voice mail,and you can leave a phone message at any time.We accept internet money such as Paypal or Bidpay.com.--or personal checks and money orders----IMPORTANT NOTE: Please include ITEM NUMBER with ALL correspondences. ====== Allen Radwill---- 23 Hunters Lane==== Southampton,NJ 08088=== ....If there is a problem, we ask that you contact us and give us the opportunity to resolve the issue before posting negative feedback.Leaving adverse feedback voids the guarantee, so write before venting .WE WILL MIRROR THE FEEDBACK THAT YOU GIVE TO US.

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Remix:

LP, VG-

The Five Stairsteps (Autographed by ALOHE, JAMES, CLARENCE, AND DENNIS).

Certificate of authenticity.

Please note I painfully pride myself in good ebaying, beware of sloppy ebay shit.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    :ewef:

Remix:

LP, VG-

The Five Stairsteps (Autographed by ALOHE, JAMES, CLARENCE, AND DENNIS).

Certificate of authenticity.

Please note I painfully pride myself in good ebaying, beware of sloppy ebay shit.

Dr Alan Ridwell always had multi page ads in Goldmine. I made the mistake of buying somethings from him once. NM graded items were VG- to P. He galdly refunded my money. Come to find out he is notorious. Makes his living on the stuff people don't bother to return.

He is imfamous among long time collectors.

So who here would pay .01c more for an autographed 5 Stairsteps? I think it just means WOC.

Dan

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Co-sign everything Dan says here. Radwill is one of the most notoriously poor graders in the history of mail-order record sales. He obviously has George Shearing and Stevie Wonder doing his grading. Almost every serious collector I know has had problems with Radwill and his poor business tactics. I believe the only reason that he was still permitted to advertise in Discoveries/Goldmine is because he always had 4+ pages of crap and each of those (struggling) publications could not afford to lose the four full-page ad incomes each month. I'm sure eBay was a watershed for Radwill, furthering his anonymity and ability to skim a few bucks from overpriced shipping and hammered records that people couldn't be bothered to return.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    NOTES: This ultra-obscure west coast funk gem was saved from total obscurity by the inclusion of "Evolution" on one of the original Luv 'N Haight compilations back in the day. With much fanfare, we can all enjoy this album. The cover art leads you to think this is a soundtrack, but I have yet to find a mention of a Fully Loaded movie that has anything to do with black people. Of the seven cuts, only one is not considered a rare groove/break classic. That song would be "Your Mind," which isn't weak but pales in comparison to the stronger material. The aforementioned "Evolution" is the main jam here, and "It's The Music That Makes Us Do It" is also known for its breakdown. Other standout cuts are "Composition Seven" and "Witch Doctor's Brew," fuzzy funk-jazz with elements of Latin. This should appeal to fans of pre-Riot Sly Stone, Mandrill, and adventurous horn-driven funk bands in general.