things i love about crack

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
can't think of a one.there is either a crack den or multiple dudes pumping out of the little apartment building next door to my house. periodically find crack pipes in my yard next to abandoned children's toys. clucks or tricks in the alley hiding behind garbage cans. my yard is constantly cluttered with litter from the people who visit next door and clean their cars out on the curb. i feel like a schmuck because i'm the one out there picking up their trash. people used to use our garden hose to get a drink or wash up or whatever the fuck until i shut it off. sketchy looking dudes my age or older rollin up on bikes, going in and coming back out in 10 minutes at all hours of the night and day.i've had friends who've sold and i've seen plenty of crackheads in my day but this is the closest i've been to this epidemic and it saddens me really. i know that alot of these people are victims of a society that never gave a shit about them, or at least made it seem that hopeless for them. but damn, where does it end? the owner of the building is on some kind of probation and has already cleared out the tenants who were involved and the cops came and hauled them away - or so i'm told. things were quiet for about 17 minutes! anyway, we're putting in some official complaints and getting the owner to clean it up or else. not sure what the or else is, but i'm sick of seeing grown people killing and selling themselves for rocks. yourselves!

Comments

• DO YOU CALL THE COPS??
    LET THEM HANDLE SOME OF THE DISTURBANCE!!

• clucks

what does this mean?

• clucks

what does this mean?

cluck = crackhead. not sure if its a seattle term or what but i've known them as clucks since the early 90's. dealers used to be known as "soupin" as well and they'd walk down the block yelling "soup!" to prospective customers.

haven't really called the cops yet, my neighbors do but i think they call for dumb reasons like the tenants are being too loud or playing music too loud in the middle of the day - among more offensive reasons. while annoying, thats just people having a good time its usually quiet at night, aside from the crack traffic. i even started to develope some interest in at least one tenant for bumping some classic das efx one morning. anyway, i'm starting to get involved more with getting this cleaned up.

• I was just telling some people last night how nice it was not to have to deal with crackheads on a daily basis now that I'm in Chicago. Just a sad and frustrating situation.

• yo you write really well n it moved me...
    hard drugs are a weird subject t talk about when you're actually involved or surrounded by them. The person taking feels like a fucking king and everyone arounds thinking 'this guys literally fucked'(acceptance to the rule: ODB). I feel for you, I'd steer clear of that shit, maybe find a new place to stay.

• I was just telling some people last night how nice it was not to have to deal with crackheads on a daily basis now that I'm in Chicago. Just a sad and frustrating situation.

huh??? You must be in a rare part of Chicago I've never seen.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    the owner of the building is on some kind of probation and has already cleared out the tenants who were involved and the cops came and hauled them away - or so i'm told. things were quiet for about 17 minutes! anyway, we're putting in some official complaints and getting the owner to clean it up or else. not sure what the or else is, but i'm sick of seeing grown people killing and selling themselves for rocks.

yourselves!

Call the cops to the point where they are practically stationed outside the crack house, that is all either side of the coin understands. The cops could give a fuck unless they are getting constant heat and actually think the neighbors care, and the asshole dealers/users are the same way. They will keep their shit wherever they think neighbors are cowed or don't care. Put up a dummy camera (cost like $15 at a hardware store) and aim it at the action. Fuck 'em.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    can't think of a one.

there is either a crack den or multiple dudes pumping out of the little apartment building next door to my house.

welcome to my last summer... good luck. play an active role in the clean up.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    (acceptance to the rule: ODB)

• chicks with tattooes on the neck...

• I used to live next to a crack dealer here in DC and the only positive thing about it was that street was real safe. The dealers didn't want any crime going down on their block because it's bad for business. My neighbor died of a heart attack one afternoon. He was in his late 30's but looked a lot older.
    Crack hit DC REAL hard in the late 80's/early 90's and some parts of the city still haven't recovered.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I was just telling some people last night how nice it was not to have to deal with crackheads on a daily basis now that I'm in Chicago. Just a sad and frustrating situation.

huh??? You must be in a rare part of Chicago I've never seen.

Right?

Even inside the Hancock you've got Chris Farley types.