$9 Billion in Cash missing, no enquiry

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
"Between April 2003 and June 2004, $12 billion in U.S. currency???much of it belonging to the Iraqi people???was shipped from the Federal Reserve to Baghdad, where it was dispensed by the Coalition Provisional Authority. Some of the cash went to pay for projects and keep ministries afloat, but, incredibly, at least $9 billion has gone missing, unaccounted for, in a frenzy of mismanagement and greed. Following a trail that leads from a safe in one of Saddam's palaces to a house near San Diego, to a P.O. box in the Bahamas, the authors discover just how little anyone cared about how the money was handled."http://www.vanityfair.com//politics/feat...currentPage=all

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That shit pisses me off. We could eradicate the AIDS epidemic with that kind of money.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    That shit pisses me off. We could eradicate the AIDS epidemic with that kind of money.

Well, this is what happens when you just throw $$$$ at something at don't have any kind of management or accountability in place. If you threw billions at the AIDS epidemic in a similar fashion, the same thing would happen: a bunch of thieves would make off with billions and a bit would get to researchers and we would be in the same spot we are now.

ACCOUNTABILITY.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    whoops
    this is old news
    healthcare and education would have been taken care of with that
    not to mention the 90 billion they spent on the criminal debacle known as the
    "Iraq War"/operation freedom

fucking republican right wing facist criminals
    fuck the carlyle group
    fuck root/browne
    fuck dick cheney with a M.O.P handle till he bleeds to death in the desert and then make him drink sand shakes while he is perishing as vultures rip his fat diseased pale white body to shreds
    FUCK!!!!

• This would of been a lot bigger of a news story if the Government didn't have the media on lock. Retarded people have way too much power...