Steve McQueen bums me out...

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I've found that if I've had a hard day or I'm a little down on my luck - if I turn on the TV - Bullitt or some other shit with Big Steve will be on - and that shit just bums me out. It's like - I've had a hard day as is - now I got to see this dude just be so fucking cool - and I'm not ever going to be that cool. I mean, come on man.

Comments

• Cheer yourself up w/ a Steve McQueen mix...I started one once, couldn't get enough to complete though

-Sheryl Crow
    -Elliot Smith has a tune called Steve McQueen
    -Adam Ant has one, I believe
    -I also think Deep Purple references him in one of their jams, can't remember which one offhand

Others?!?

• damn that mix sounds like it SUCKS!

• Look at it this way: dude cheated on his three wives, had a serious substance abuse habit, a horrible temper, totally went to pot in-between movies, his self-produced films bombed, he was generally an asshole and he finally died of cancer at a relatively young age.

Dude, if that doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what will!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Look at it this way: dude cheated on his three wives, had a serious substance abuse habit, a horrible temper, totally went to pot in-between movies, his self-produced films bombed, he was generally an asshole and he finally died of cancer at a relatively young age.

Dude, if that doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what will!

it's like reading an orgasm

• Cheer yourself up w/ a Steve McQueen mix...I started one once, couldn't get enough to complete though

-Sheryl Crow
    -Elliot Smith has a tune called Steve McQueen
    -Adam Ant has one, I believe
    -I also think Deep Purple references him in one of their jams, can't remember which one offhand

Others?!?

Wow - I think I'd be really disgusted with myself after making that mix.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Yea - that's definitely the begninnings of what could be the worst mix of all time. Now listening to Elliot Smith while in one of the said bum out Steve McQueen movies.....that's instant suicide. And maybe even instant Williamsburgh-cide?

But about the above statements regarding his flaws....I appreciate that - that was a damn good comment.

But still - dude's really cool. And even if I change the channel at one of these times - there's always a chance that 3 Days of the Condor will be on - and Redford got that good hair.