PennsylvaniaStrut

SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
My ladyfriend and I will be driving from western Ohio back to CT in mid October. We'll have 4 days to kill so we're planning on spending the time in Pennsylvania. We'll want to pop into Pittsburgh, and we'll want at least a full day plus overnight, etc in Philly. But we also want to camp out at least one or two nights. Looks like we'll be moving along 76 for the most part (though I don't mind veering our course a bit if something is worth checking out).Any recommendations?Pittsburgh record spots, etc?Cool places to camp between Pittsburgh & Philly?Towns I should check out? (records, thrifts, vintage clothes for lady)DJ nights in Philly? (Thursday or Friday nights)And obviously ... records in Philly?Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PM some of the Philly headz on here!

• the second sunday record show in lancaster is a must
    if the dates mash

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Ha... In all honesty.. this state rocks! It's a big state (suprisingly big for all you New Englanders) and there is a lot to do. Unfortnately, records aren't what it used to be.

For scenic beauty, I would recommend you stop off near the Donegal exit on the turnpike and explore the Laurel Mountains (near Seven Springs and Hidden Valley resorts). I'm sure there is camping there. Shit is just mad beautiful. You'll aslo be driving through the Appalachians... do a search

• the second sunday record show in lancaster is a must
    if the dates mash

I'll be driving out towards Ohio (by myself) that Sunday with a wad of recently earned wedding dj cash ... may just have to take the "long" route via Lancaster.

• For scenic beauty, I would recommend you stop off near the Donegal exit on the turnpike and explore the Laurel Mountains (near Seven Springs and Hidden Valley resorts). I'm sure there is camping there. Shit is just mad beautiful. You'll aslo be driving through the Appalachians... do a search

Thanks for the tip! Yeah ... I've been searching around, but there's only so much you can learn from campground websites, etc. Personal recommendations (especially ones from such a hub of good taste ) are much more valuable to me. The location of the Laurel Mountains is perfect, actually. We can spend our first couple of nights there which will give us a solid day to hike around. Thanks again!

• Over where Raj is talking about you can also spend time at falling water if your into art/architecture.

• Over where Raj is talking about you can also spend time at falling water if your into art/architecture.

Great suggestion! (more proof that SoulStrut > Google when it comes to making travel plans) Thanks!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

This is

• This is

yeah man, hope you don't mind me coopting it for my avatar (let me know if you do)

cosine on the Laurel Mountains area. Bear Run has nice camping, also nearby is Ohiopyle state park which is beautiful

as far as records in Pittsburgh, the usual drill is go to Jerry's and the Attic.