Weekday Finds - 9/11 edition

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
A good start this week:

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    How's Dionysus?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Is that the same Mugo that did "Space Travel"??

• Is that the same Mugo that did "Space Travel"??

Or the one that did "organize"?

• The Dionysus is very good French Canadian prog rock with some psych moves from 1975 or 76. I was suprised how good it was coming that late.

Yes that is the same Mugo that did "Space Travel" and that is actually the B-Side to this single. Nitekrawler can tell you more but this will be out soon on Kay-Dee. "Organize" (Kenny Dope edit) is on Side A,

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yeah. i've got that without the pic cover

• "organize" is the winner IMO, B-Boy sureshot! Never seen a pic cover though, is that a reissue?

• "organize" is the winner IMO, B-Boy sureshot! Never seen a pic cover though, is that a reissue?

Yes, see my message above.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Is that Roy Head an OG?

• Is that Roy Head an OG?

Except for the 7" they all are. I was pleasantly shocked. The Ike and Tina is OG and the Stooges is a first press gatefold. A nice jazz collection just walked into the shop today as well. When it rains it pours.

• What's that Swallow? is that Steve Swallow?

No its a rock band from Atlanta (at least it was recorded there and the guys from ARS get a shout out). 1973 Warner Brothers release. Haven't listened to it yet. Will report back.

No its a rock band from Atlanta (at least it was recorded there and the guys from ARS get a shout out). 1973 Warner Brothers release. Haven't listened to it yet. Will report back.

Just heard it.

Buy that first Marshall Tucker Band record in the dollar bin, it's better.

• Is that Roy Head an OG?

Except for the 7" they all are. I was pleasantly shocked. The Ike and Tina is OG and the Stooges is a first press gatefold. A nice jazz collection just walked into the shop today as well. When it rains it pours.

the funny thing about that Roy Head is the dead wax bands in between songs, they're almost long as the songs themselves! Never seen a record mastered/pressed like that....

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Is that Roy Head an OG?

If the Stooges is a promo - go die.

• yeah I need that Stooges LP.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

At first glance this looked like just another "Tandoori Turd" as I like to call
    most Indian records. But I got hopeful when I checked the song titles, looked
    like some soul/disco covers, this might be Okay I says to myself.
    Well guess what?
    JACKPOT!
    Shits is Dope with a capitol D!

Check the clip:

http://www.divshare.com/download/1973565-271

Check the super fly Indian producer

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

At first glance this looked like just another "Tandoori Turd" as I like to call
    most Indian records. But I got hopeful when I checked the song titles, looked
    like some soul/disco covers, this might be Okay I says to myself.
    Well guess what?
    JACKPOT!
    Shits is Dope with a capitol D!

Check the clip:

http://www.divshare.com/download/1973565-271

Check the super fly Indian producer

Usha is the bomb - I got a live Lp by her that has a monster cover of "fever." I also found a bollywood LP that was pretty groovy and when I got it home i realised the best tracks all featured her!