on-line product/restaurant reviews (YELP-related)

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
who fucks with Yelp? who fucks around and signs on to the inter-tubes after a particularly good burrito and big ups the establishment? I imagine Yelp and other sites mainly catch the negative reviews. for instance I know I am more likely to go through trouble to bad-mouth a spot than to praise it. salty, I know.I also know a certain strutter who claims to rate liquor stores on Yelp. post a funny/outrageous Yelp review that you've entered.

Comments

• Only time I've done a restaurant review was for Kates on Haight St. after they spilled syrup on my girlfriend and didn't apologize. Not the first time I've gotten bad service at that hipster dive.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&view...e_rev&sa=X#

• Only time I've done a restaurant review was for Kates on Haight St. after they spilled syrup on my girlfriend and didn't apologize. Not the first time I've gotten bad service at that hipster dive.

that's foul. so they just spilled syrup on her and didn't say shit? I don't think I've ever been there; not far from my crib though.

I'm saying, I'm surprised people take the time to write the positive ones, unless it's their homie's (or their own) spot...

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I got a few yelp reviews up. I mostly review liquor stores, mexican spots, and shitty restaurants.

I'm the only one on there putting fools up on charlie's pharmacy

• I got a few yelp reviews up. I mostly review liquor stores, mexican spots, and shitty restaurants.

knowledge us. post your Yelpings.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Only time I've done a restaurant review was for Kates on Haight St. after they spilled syrup on my girlfriend and didn't apologize. Not the first time I've gotten bad service at that hipster dive.

that's foul. so they just spilled syrup on her and didn't say shit? I don't think I've ever been there; not far from my crib though.

I definitely fucks with Kate's breakfast if I'm in SF and in need of breakfast. One of the very few places that does biscuits and gravy correctly.

• I got a few yelp reviews up. I mostly review liquor stores, mexican spots, and shitty restaurants.

yo while we have you on here can you run down your top three burrito spots real quick? I'm talking permanent establishments, no coaches.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    this is one of my reviews:

1 star rating
    1200 Polk Street
    San Francisco, CA 94109
    (415) 771-9700 El Super Burrito
    Category: Mexican
    Neighborhood: Nob Hill

This place is straight up fucking garbage. The only time I eat here is when I'm desperate and don't have the energy to go to a place that make edible mexican food. They are the closest, I could roll down to cocina poblana or panchos but someone decided that this shit hole should exist. The carnitas are like eating burnt straw. The chicken is pretty shitty and it's damn hard to fuck that up. Then these motherfuckers can't even have a decent balance of temperature on their shit. You take a bite of their burritos and you never know what the fuck you're getting, hot maybe cold but usually just total crap.

The only thing these motherfuckers have going for them is their medicore chile verde. I assume it's because not many order it so it doesn't sit out all day like their crap ass tubs of meat. I'm too scared to try the lengua because if you can't even get your beef half way decent I can only assume the tongue must taste like a bucket of dicks.

I have dreams of this place burning to the ground only to wake up and be disappointed. I'm fucking sick of being disappointed some one needs to get their arson game up.

I got to bail but I'll post up burritos later

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    this is one of my reviews:

1 star rating
    1200 Polk Street
    San Francisco, CA 94109
    (415) 771-9700 El Super Burrito
    Category: Mexican
    Neighborhood: Nob Hill

This place is straight up fucking garbage. The only time I eat here is when I'm desperate and don't have the energy to go to a place that make edible mexican food. They are the closest, I could roll down to cocina poblana or panchos but someone decided that this shit hole should exist. The carnitas are like eating burnt straw. The chicken is pretty shitty and it's damn hard to fuck that up. Then these motherfuckers can't even have a decent balance of temperature on their shit. You take a bite of their burritos and you never know what the fuck you're getting, hot maybe cold but usually just total crap.

The only thing these motherfuckers have going for them is their medicore chile verde. I assume it's because not many order it so it doesn't sit out all day like their crap ass tubs of meat. I'm too scared to try the lengua because if you can't even get your beef half way decent I can only assume the tongue must taste like a bucket of dicks.

I have dreams of this place burning to the ground only to wake up and be disappointed. I'm fucking sick of being disappointed some one needs to get their arson game up.

I got to bail but I'll post up burritos later