topic/subject deleted due to misunderstanding

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
*deleted* Sorry, but seeing all the fucking flags today got my ire up, with no real mention of the casualites(it is treated like a footnote when the media discusses 9/11), just some "proud to be American" bullshit. I got angry when I didnt see anything done for Katrina a week ago and this flag waving on TV and out in the real world reminded me of that fact. No disrespect to those who died in 9/11....Anyway, you can read my original post in Saba "Mr. Class" Daba quoting me below...

Comments

• I understand all the memorials, really I do...but it borders on the nauseating how Katrina's anniversary didnt get a 1/100th of the exposure...I guess when its the government that allows so many to die and rot in the streets, it kinda wants you to forget, huh?

way to show a little class.

• I understand all the memorials, really I do...but it borders on the nauseating how Katrina's anniversary didnt get a 1/100th of the exposure...I guess when its the government that allows so many to die and rot in the streets, it kinda wants you to forget, huh?

Well, since it couldn't be spun into a reason to go to war and bomb the shit outta a bunch of brown folks, it got swept under the rug. We're not very good at owning up to our mistakes....

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Comparing disasters is not cool.

• Remember the dead.
    Respect the living.

This date and event has gotten so wrapped up in other issues and agendas that it is easy to forget that what happened that day was a HUMAN tragedy.

• The loose change kid says popular mechanics is not qualified to investigate the collapse of the towers, yet he's a 23 year old college dropout.

• (Now, I specifically add this as a parenthetical note to my above thoughts. I think there SHOULD BE some thought to how we grieve collectively. Much as I, and we, will never forget that day, I will also never forget last year's commemoration that I found myself trapped in.

I was on my way to work, and stopped at a grocery store. As I had an arm full of seltzer water, the store manager came on the loud speaker to ask us all to remember the moment 5 years earlier when the first plane hit the WTC. So, we all stop in the aisle for a moment of silence...

As they forget to turn off the fucking in house sattellite radio.

So, as we are commemorating this very specific minute in history, and the tragedy that ensued, Gwen Steffani is shrilly singing, "Its my life! Don't you forget!"

If you are going to memorialize, you better do it respectfully, and don't half ass it...Or, you insult the dead AND the living with your half assed efforts and careless sentiment.

End Rant.)

Well, since it couldn't be spun into a reason to go to war and bomb the shit outta a bunch of brown folks, it got swept under the rug. We're not very good at owning up to our mistakes....

uhhhh, get a grip people.

must I remind you that Katrina, however callously dealt with by our self-interested government, and no matter racially divided it once again proved our country to be, was precipitated by a natural disaster.

9/11, on the other hand, was deliberate mass murder aimed at all Americans.

and plenty of "brown people" died on 9/11, as if that fucking matters.

I'm not saying the dead of 9/11 deserve any more sympathy than the Katrina dead but y'all act like there's no difference.

basically:

Comparing disasters is not cool.

• Remember the dead.
    Respect the living.

This date and event has gotten so wrapped up in other issues and agendas that it is easy to forget that what happened that day was a HUMAN tragedy.