Holloween - Rob Zombie Remix?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone foxin w/ this movie. New Horrow aint doin it for me, but I heard he did a decent job of remakin an untouchable Horror classic.

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I just got a chance to watch this yesterday. Rob Zombie as a film maker is on the fence to me. Hated House of 1000, enjoyed Devil's rejects. Pretty much went into it thinking he was going to fuck it up, because I've never seen him do subtle horror. It actually wasn't all that bad, but I can see how the diehard Halloween fans would not like it. I thought his ending far surpassed the original, and enjoyed almost all of young Michael Meyers. Even annoying Sherri Moon Zombie pulled off an impressive performance reminiscent of Jamie lee curtis. The girl who was actually Laurie Strode was eh, but it sure was fun watching her get attacked. My girlfriend was so scared she cried? I dunno, I thought it was fun.

- spidey

• I just got a chance to watch this yesterday. Rob Zombie as a film maker is on the fence to me. Hated House of 1000, enjoyed Devil's rejects. Pretty much went into it thinking he was going to fuck it up, because I've never seen him do subtle horror. It actually wasn't all that bad, but I can see how the diehard Halloween fans would not like it. I thought his ending far surpassed the original, and enjoyed almost all of young Michael Meyers. Even annoying Sherri Moon Zombie pulled off an impressive performance reminiscent of Jamie lee curtis. The girl who was actually Laurie Strode was eh, but it sure was fun watching her get attacked. My girlfriend was so scared she cried? I dunno, I thought it was fun.

- spidey

I just found out that Danny Trejo's in it so I'll finally watch the bootleg I've had sitting on my coffee table the past 2 weeks. Does he have a big part in it?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    He has a bit role, stupid, but fun. My brother downloaded a bootleg that completly cuts out the danny trejo bit, and in place has a pointless rape/prison break scene. Also it has a shitty ending where the Dr. just convinces Michael not to kill his sister and the police just take him out. Good thing they changed that.

- spidey

• I saw it and enjoyed it for what it was.

I'd rent and watch special features.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I saw it and enjoyed it for what it was.

So its not a "Big Screen" must. It can wait for home viewing?

The special features on this deluxe version of the OG is cool.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

What special features are on there?

What special features are on there?

short docs about how this jumpstarted the Slasher Genre. Carpenter & co discussion.
    jamie lee stuff. Well done.

• Yeah, there's not too much reason to go see it in the theatres. I actually thought this version was funny, and I'm not sure if it was supposed to be or not. There are certain things I was laughing at and it seemed like I was the only one. There is one scene where he is beating the shit out of somebody in the bathroom and it just goes on forever, and it made me laugh. He's just banging somebody against the wall, boom boom boom boom over and over and I was laughing, but nobody else was. And the hillbilly verbally abusing the family was funny to me too, but I think it made other people uncomfortable. In one scene some awful rock ballad (like love hurts or some shit like that) swells in the background and I thought it was supposed to be a joke so I was cracking up. But then when nobody else laughs I'm wondering whether it really was a joke after all. Its fucking rob zombie so he had to mean it to be funny... I think....

Anyways, there will never be a halloween that tops the original, but if you are expecting that then you shouldn't be there in the first place. Its like a cover tune, a different artist's take on a classic.

my 2 cents.

and Danny Trejo is rad no matter what.

• I just got a chance to watch this yesterday.

did they keep John Carpenter's eerie piano theme music?

I just got a chance to watch this yesterday.

Carpenter is an underated musician/keyboard/musician/DIY

• I just got a chance to watch this yesterday.

Yeah. They had to. To do otherwise would have caused riots.

• just saw it. It's ok. Seems kind of long, but it's only 2 hours.

It wasn't bad. I've seen worse.

Maqke sure you don't see it in thetheater where some lady is coughing up a lung and spitting all the time and some crazy homeless guy is yelling about "witches and warlocks." He was yelling at the screen like he was upset by it's evil nature.

and, like clockwork... the theater is relatively empty, yet some fucking idiots have to pick the row right in front of us and sit in the seats in front of us. The row is empty in both directions, but they think the seats in front of us are the best ones. I hate people.

If you like teenage ta-ta's there's a few of them in there.

i peeped this last night......it was good.

Ive never seen parts 3 to 6 so i dont know about the "backstory", but it seems like Zombie took the essentials and came up w/ an overview version while stayin true to the OG.

• Yeah, there's not too much reason to go see it in the theatres. I actually thought this version was funny, and I'm not sure if it was supposed to be or not. There are certain things I was laughing at and it seemed like I was the only one. There is one scene where he is beating the shit out of somebody in the bathroom and it just goes on forever, and it made me laugh. He's just banging somebody against the wall, boom boom boom boom over and over and I was laughing, but nobody else was. And the hillbilly verbally abusing the family was funny to me too, but I think it made other people uncomfortable. In one scene some awful rock ballad (like love hurts or some shit like that) swells in the background and I thought it was supposed to be a joke so I was cracking up. But then when nobody else laughs I'm wondering whether it really was a joke after all. Its fucking rob zombie so he had to mean it to be funny... I think....

it waj sho ffunnnnnyyyy

• i gottta gotta see this.
    first one was an absolute classic.

but somehow, i like all the rest too(except HIII...fuck that shit!!!)

he better not fuck with the music

he better not fuck with the music

he didnt

• amen,brother

• amen,brother

found at the swap meet for a dollar... THE SAME DAY I SAW HALLOWEEN.

creepy!