Post your favorite iPod DJ picture

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The guy on the right's Village People cop stache is tremendous.

• words cannot express how fortunate I am to have not been there...it borders on the religious, the spiritual fulfillment to have not had to witness anything like a party like that in my life. I would rather attend a funeral in a dry county with a migraine.

• that guy appears to be taking himself a little too seriously, but i would recommend those ipod dj things to people who like to throw parties and "control the music". why not? its probably a lot of fun for people who like the idea of djing but don't wanna put the time in to learn how. i think some of those mixer units even have pitch control. there are a ton of djs who get much more props for their selection, then for technical skill. i'm sure there are a lot of non-djs who would throw a great party doing the ipod dj thing.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I wouldn't trust that guy as the DJ.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

LOL-

That is the club I DJ at(Saint Ex-although the other 3 pics have nothing to do with the club, go figure), and one Wed a month they do iPod night, and they open the floor to 'djs', meaning the crowd signs up, and program a 12 minute playlist set into their ipods and hand it over to Fritz and his wife who run the night. They go on after the Jazz happy hour that Fatback and I founded years back, and they have been at it just as long. Fatback took a very dim view of it, I'm a bit more 'whatever' about it. They get a crowd, so from the club's point of view it's a no-brainer, and you can't blame cats for marketing it as a 'you be the DJ' kind of thing, but obviously it's not DJing. It's more akin to karaoke than anything, and more about crowd participation. Me, I can't see how these guys have the patience to put up with the people participating. It's hard enough to hang out and play your OWN records some nights, I can't even imagine being eager to have people hand me theirs to play. To each his own.