Cookin' with the Miracles appreesh

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
the thread with the photo of all the raers a couple weeks ago made me dig this out and it is better than I remember it...no other Miracles record sounds like this one...

Comments

• [color:blue]no other Miracles record sounds like this one [/color]

So how is it different?

• [color:blue]no other Miracles record sounds like this one [/color]

So how is it different?

well, the way it is put together has a lot to do with it...the lead-off track being this minor-keyed song with an almost-sleazy rhythmic vamp...kinda dark. Each track is has a different feel and style, very raw in places. Also, it feels like an album, rather than a hit single or two and some other stuff that sometimes suffered from a sameness of sound. It is hard to explain, but it is just in a league of its own IMO.

• Not to go off-topic on you, but that there album cover is fucking beautiful.

Motown (pre-'72) used to have these album covers that were so literal and corny that they looked cool for that reason - David Ruffin's My Whole World Ended comes to mind, and Cookin' With The Miracles is right in there.

• Anyone mind sharing a rip of this?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Not to go off-topic on you, but that there album cover is fucking beautiful.

Motown (pre-'72) used to have these album covers that were so literal and corny that they looked cool for that reason - David Ruffin's My Whole World Ended comes to mind, and Cookin' With The Miracles is right in there.
    bobby taylors-"taylor made soul" too.....

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

I've been on a big Miracles kick lately. "Oh be my love" being the track that sparked my interest. Absolutely killer beat ballad stylee