Houston Cop Suspended For "Ghetto Handbook"

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
A crude "ghetto handbook" distributed to police patrolling Houston's public schools has resulted in the suspension of one officer. The eight-page booklet--a copy of which you'll find below--was handed out in May by a officer with the city's Independent School District, but did not come to the attention of school brass until recently, when a discrimination complaint was lodged. The booklet, which was given to about 20 cops, is subtitled "Wucha dun did now?," and purports to help the reader "learn to speak ebonics as if you just came out of the hood...because you could find you self with a problem one day and ebonics could save your life." The booklet offers definitions for street slang like "hoodrat" ("scummy girl") and "foty" (a 40-ounce bottle of beer) and concludes with a "poem" incorporating these terms [That poem, as many of our readers have noted, is actually the lyrics from Ebonics, a song by the rapper Big L]. It also includes a copyright notation that the booklet is a "first edition, second soon to follow." That now appears to be the wishful thinking of a novice author. The booklet was provided to TSG by school officials who removed the name of the suspended officer from the publication (as well as the names of several other cops who have not been disciplined). (8 pages)http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0831073ghetto1.html

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    predictably comically moronic

L is spinin' in his grave
    Fuckery pon dem Babylon shitstem

• I learned alot.

• a radio is a box!

funny, i was just thinking about that song yesterday and how my homie didn't like it because it let squares know what some of the slang words meant. at the time i thought he was wrong for disliking the joint because, who but underground rap heads would hear it or pay attention to it. didn't think the boys would use it to educate their fellow dicks.

• a radio is a box!

What is a "hood" again??

• You sound Merriam-Webster.

• doesnt seem that malicious. id hope that most cops would know most of those words already

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    doesnt seem that malicious. id hope that most cops would know most of those words already

fuh real doe