what ever happened to DJ Honda???

jleejlee 1,539 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Looking at youtube and dude must made at least 4-5 "real" videos. And didn't dude have a clothing line/store too?not that i really miss him or his music, just kinda curious.

Comments

• I wish I could do a screen shot of it, but the clip at 2:05 in is one of the best things ever in a video. Champagne in one hand, two ladies in Castro gear holding turntables, scratching with the free hand, timboed up foot resting on the seat in the limo.

• He's in the L.E.S. somewhere, I think on Orchard below Delancey. I walked by his place and he was sitting in the doorway of his studio space or whatever it is, reading the newspaper & having a drink. I said what's up, gave him a flyer for something I was doing. His dog tried to bite me.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    He's the tour DJ for PMD, and he keeps releasing 12" and battle records on his label.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    ..and making quality socks and underwear.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is the store still there?

• Is the store still there?

Yeah the store is still there

I saw it a month and a half or so ago

Wow, I remember when it opened. I dont know anyone who wears/wore any of that gear.

• Is the store still there?

Wow, I remember when it opened. I dont know anyone who wears/wore any of that gear.

That's what I'm saying. Never seen anybody rock it, so its survival over all this time when so many other businesses fell in downtown manhattan proves that the honda store is some kind of front for illicit operations, like crack dumpling sales, mahjong death tournaments, or underage chicken prostitution.

That's what I'm saying. Never seen anybody rock it, so its survival over all this time when so many other businesses fell in downtown manhattan proves that the honda store is some kind of front for illicit operations, like crack dumpling sales, mahjong death tournaments, or underage chicken prostitution.

hilarious-

I can see maybe some Japanese Tourists coppin some stuff, but Damn.

• I read that he has a new album planned for Spring 2008.

• I wish I could do a screen shot of it, but the clip at 2:05 in is one of the best things ever in a video. Champagne in one hand, two ladies in Castro gear holding turntables, scratching with the free hand, timboed up foot resting on the seat in the limo.

Tommy:

Please to work your magic.

And are those girls supposed to be like the girls from the Robert Plant video?

• I went to Japan sometime in 1998 and remember purchasing a bottle of DJ Honda cologne.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    never underestimate the buying power of the superfuture japanese tourist.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Honda still doing his thing. I deal with his managment in Japan. He does shows around the world with Redman, Meth, EPMD, etc.... they got some sick merchandise, last time I went there they laced me with hella DVDs and clothing.... I also got a Honda GP-3 off them in the box, they got at least one more in stock if anyone wants holla. Comes with a slipmat and all black see-thru finish...

B