A question about Kaos "Court's In Session"?

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Hi,I know this lp as a following. There's even a dude here who had a picture of the cover as his avatar. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the album & if they have soundclips to share.Thanks in advance.h

Comments

• I've been meaning to transfer this to MP3, so I'll holler if someone else doesn't get to it first.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    Hi,

I know this lp as a following. There's even a dude here who had a picture of the cover as his avatar. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the album & if they have soundclips to share.

Thanks in advance.

h

i'll post a couple in a bit. great album, i don't know anything about it other than what's on the sleeve. did kenny dope have a hand in the production or did he just do cuts? paging big stacks.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Found a review for this album on the fat lace web page, which has only got moe more curious to hear the thing. What does this sell for when it comes around? Is it tough to find?

Peace

h

• iconicon 86 Posts
    Hi,

I know this lp as a following. There's even a dude here who had a picture of the cover as his avatar. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the album & if they have soundclips to share.

Thanks in advance.

h

i'll post a couple in a bit. great album, i don't know anything about it other than what's on the sleeve. did kenny dope have a hand in the production or did he just do cuts? paging big stacks.

I think Kenny Dope and Todd Terry had a hand in this.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Album was produced by Todd Terry.

Kaos was quite popular amongst hardcore rap fans in Germany (that means 10-20 people ;-)). The Cologne based Blitz Mob (Fader Gladiator, Future Rock Rick Ski and DJ Grope) tracked Kaos down in NYC, brought him over to Germany and produced an album with him. That was in the early 90ies.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Kaos was quite popular amongst hardcore rap fans in Germany (that means 10-20 people ;-)). The Cologne based Blitz Mob (Fader Gladiator, Future Rock Rick Ski and DJ Grope) tracked Kaos down in NYC, brought him over to Germany and produced an album with him. That was in the early 90ies.

That looks crazy cool!!

This might explain why every copy I've heard about is in europe...

• awallawall 673 Posts
    here's a taste of the album. i couldn't decide which tracks to put (because they're pretty much all dope) so I put a bit of each. this shit is even more nuts than i remember it being.

in reguards to it's value i looked it up on popsike and apparently it catches some dough. i copped mine at a friend's garage sale for a quarter.

• awallawall 673 Posts

damn that looks rad. doesn't DJ Grope post on here?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    here's a taste of the album. i couldn't decide which tracks to put (because they're pretty much all dope) so I put a bit of each. this shit is even more nuts than i remember it being.

in reguards to it's value i looked it up on popsike and apparently it catches some dough. i copped mine at a friend's garage sale for a quarter.

Dope!

Many Thanks, dude!!!

This is the shit that makes soulstrut dope!

Peace

h

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Dude, this is great! Thanks!!!

A test pressing, no less...

RAER

Peace

h

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    This LP has a Hardcore follwoing in Germany, like Olski said, maybe couple of hundred guys are really hard behind this LP. Now more people than ever are hungry for this. I bought a copy on ebay for about 70 Euros which are 84,25 $ in todays mid market rates.
    Todd Terry and Kenny Dope were part of the production team and Russel Grand was the MC. The original LP is in a absolut bad sound quality, sounds more like a demo tape than a final production.
    There are rumors that the recordings where better but due to a problem it turned out with this very muddy sound.
    So I must say that the dopeness of this record lays more in the lyrics than in the beats.
    It came out on Bad Boy Records, would be intresting to know if they had saved the name back than. P-Diddy could afford to pay some for this name.

The International Dope Delaers Record is in my opinion even more interesting, because the idea to get the your all time favourite rapper to your own country and to record a LP with him without any mayor money support is idealism in its essence.

As far as I know the Blitz Mob guys found him after a long serch (keep in mind this was pre-internet) as a janitor in school.

They recoded a hell of a LP with him with dope beats and dope cuts in a very own style. If you get a chance to get your hands on this second LP try it.

Peace
    Hawkeye