I almost Cried over a record today F%CK! related

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I found a broken in half copy of the cautions "no other way" on SHRINE in a box of 45s I really almost lost it as in tearsyup a grown man reduced to sobbing in a thrift storeI was so pissed .... it was broke,in half no less.the conceltation prize was a bunch of james brown 7s I already own except "hey America" and a Bo Kirkland 45 but still I thought I had next months rent in my handspeople who break rare 45s suckFUCK!!!!!FUCK!!!!!FUCK!!!!!FUCK!!!!!FUCK!!!!!

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    wow, that is a tragedy.

did you buy it anway?

holy grail wall hangers are

• as rare as that is, you could probobly still have gotten 30-50 bones for it, even in unplayable condition.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i was too disgusted and mad to buy it
    i have yet to find anything on SHRINE
    if it was on my wall It would forever remind me of the pain of the moment
    I swear it felt like I just found out my girl was two timing me only worse

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    as rare as that is, you could probobly still have gotten 30-50 bones for it, even in unplayable condition.

i almost beleive you on that
    i can picture some northern soul kook from ehgland who would proudly pay 25 quid for a broke ass copy,try and glue it together ,what a bunch of dorks
    i can go back and get it but i won't

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    i can picture some northern soul kook from ehgland who would proudly pay 25 quid for a broke ass copy,try and glue it together ,what a bunch of dorks

you're in trouble now... the vinyl VULTURES are watching... BRACE YOSELF FOOL! hahahah

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

you're in trouble now... the vinyl VULTURES are watching... BRACE YOSELF FOOL! hahahah

you still banned sheep?
    what a gay ass saga that was
    good lord
    i am a regestered user over there but i only think posted a few times on some euro related questions
    powderpuff central

• At least it wasn't the Prophets.

I have a fine selection of mashed raers hanging on my wall for decorative purposes - cybotron on deep space, naked on midnite, jimmy gilford on thelma, dusty wilson on bronse, gwen owens on velgo, peoples choice on grandland, ann perry on theoda - wilson harris 'smokin so hard it's right funky' on black soul...

not to brag, but I might have better cracked records than most of the little dudes on here have playable records!!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    When I was still in high school - my boy had bought what turned out to be a somewhat busted copy of Bob James Two from that tubby piece of shit Sanders at the Record Collector. LA heads know the deal - he's the worst of the worst. Anyway upon trying to return it - Sanders claimed he didn't sell records in such condition....and they got into it - I even chied in from the sidelines because this guy is such a douche. Anyway - my boy got so caught up in the argument - he started shedding tears. Yep....tears over BJ2.

• not to brag, but I might have better cracked records than most of the little dudes on here have playable records!!!

Wouldn't doubt it.

BTW, I'm coming to Detroit next week! So, uh, stop buying records or something.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

not to brag, but I might have better cracked records than most of the little dudes on here have playable records!!!

And this is a good thing?

BTW, I'm coming to Detroit next week! So, uh, stop buying records or something.

I hear that guy down in Toldeo has a hundred thousand 45s & he never sells on ebay, maybe you should go check him out.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man that really blows.

Worse than finding an empty sleeve.

• not to brag, but I might have better cracked records than most of the little dudes on here have playable records!!!

Not for the rest of you

• BTW, I'm coming to Detroit next week! So, uh, stop buying records or something.

I hear that guy down in Toldeo has a hundred thousand 45s & he never sells on ebay, maybe you should go check him out.

Only if you drive.

it's more of a sad commentary on the Winelight-flossers swarming all over this site - you can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting a Mandrill-gripper.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting a Mandrill-gripper.

As another strutteur once said to me via PM: "Half these dudes got that Jack Bruce record on top of their want lists"

• Man that really blows.

Worse than finding an empty sleeve.
    this or getting the wrong record in the sleeve makes me want to kill people.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Yeah but at least when you find an empty sleeve there's some sort of bleak hope that the record is out there somewhere.

I've found empty Sonics, Bubbha Thomas & the Lightmen and some other sleeves before and gone bonkers.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    you still banned sheep?
    what a gay ass saga that was
    good lord
    i am a regestered user over there but i only think posted a few times on some euro related questions
    powderpuff central

Not banned there anymore, they don't like me because I made a comment about "abusing hookers" in Amsterdam during the Utrecht fair, I guess they didn't see the humor in it and took it for face-value, even after explaning things such as citing the great "Findum, Fuckem and Flee" by the great NWA. They think I'm a rapist now and living in a fantasy gangsta rap world. That's why I'm here with the real record rapists. HAHAHA!

peace.

• When I was a teenager, I found a Barbarians 45 at a Goodwill and thought I had me the find of the century...till I saw a big U-shaped chunk in the vinyl. Yes, that fucker wasn't just cracked, it was broke and unplayable!