just found my punk roots

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
So I'm digging in my closet and I just found the item that got me started listening to punk rock...or at least the item associated with the day I first found out about it. The last day of summer in 1983 my best friend and I were hanging at my dads house in this little mini complex of attached duplexes. There's some guys and girls outside in their 20's with funny haircuts screenprinting shirts and hanging them on the clothes lines to dry. We hear one of the guys say "I wish I had a fuckin clove right now". It just so happens that we were 12 year old delinquents and had just started smoking cloves that summer so I was like "hey we have one, you want it?" He was like "yeah! you little dudes are rad, wanna hang with us" so we did. They turned out to be MDC but we didn't have a clue who that was...they told us they were punk and I remember my friend said, "is that like Iron Maiden?" and Dave the lead singer was like "YEAH! but faster" haha, we had NO clue. So they took us to eat pizza and gave us both signed 7" singles and tour shirts. They put us on the guest list for the show that night with Jerrys Kids but our moms wouldn't let us go cause school started the next day. hahahahaMy record has been gone for some time now, I'm amazed I still have this shirt, I think I need to frame it or something, all dirty like it is.

Comments