RAR PROBLEM ON MAC HELP....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone help me with this?when I unrarx files on the mac, of albums, it just gives me an empty folder, but when i click info on the folder it shows its 80 megs, and when i drag it into itunes, the songs come up, but i can't see them in the finder??? weird...if i click each file in itunes and make it "show in finder" they miraculously appear one by one...anyone else have this problem or know a fix?b

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    the files probably have a . before the filename which hides them in osx. I use filebuddy to rename files like that.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I just checked them out, no "." in the front ??? dumbfounded and pissed off argh!

no I mean the original files, not the ones that got copied into itunes, I would assume those ones were renamed upon import. As far as I know there's no way to check them without an app like filebuddy or resorcerer or any of the apps that can view hidden files.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The thing is, I didn't import them into itunes, I just created a playlist referencing the original files... also when rar extracted them they didn't have the "."... this happens nearly everytime i extract archives of mp3s...

I just checked the permissions and all is straight on that.... I'll get filebuddy and check it, thanks for your help hommie... im sure there must be a simple solution or maybe this unrarx is plain dumbo

that is strange, might check your prefs in unrarx, or try using macpardeluxe, that one is pretty good as well.

• have you tried different views in the finder? Sometimes files can be hiding on the side but when you use the triple column view they show up.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I just got a seizure from watching Daze & Sheep's avatars go at it