SITE UPDATES: Oh No, Jneiro Jarel, DJ Alibi More

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
Ground Lift massive!Hope all is well in your part of the world. check out what's new on the site below:NEW FEATURE:[/b] Oh No (requires a GLmag user account)[/b]Growing up in a musical family consisting of his older brother Madlib, father Otis Jackson Sr., and uncle Jon Faddis, producer/MC Oh No (born Michael Jackson) feels that he's always been on some other shit. "When producers were going heavy on Jazz, I was using Soul, when cats started using Soul, I was going heavy with Electronics, and when they started using Electronics, I had to fuck with something else. I'll flip a video game next."NEW INTERVIEW:[/b] Jneiro Jarel / Shape of Broad Minds[/b]Over the past 15 years, Jneiro Jarel has called many U.S. cities home. Growing up as an Army brat, he was lucky enough to be exposed to our country's varying regional Hip-Hop scenes at an early age. And although, both Houston and Atlanta have been stops along his journey, you'd be hard pressed to hear the Dirty South's influence over his brand of 'Street Soul.' That is unless you've been fortunate enough to catch his releases under the moniker Dat Boy Bwizzo, one of his many aliases.NEW 1O from 1:[/b] DJ Alibi[/b]Born outside of Moscow, Russia in 1986, Alibi has been steeped in music his whole life. At the age of 12, Alibi's family moved to Toronto and within six months of living in his new hometown, Alibi had already made his first beat using turntables and samplers. In 2005, the then 19-year old producer sent a CD to Thes One (of People Under The Stairs) who immediately realized the talent in Alibi's production which defied post Hip-Hop labeling. The ensuing record deal resulted in his recently released full length, nearly completely instrumental album, One Day.NEW REVIEWS:[/b] Homeschooled: The ABC's of Kid Soul (Numero Group 2007)[/b] Giraffe Nuts - Eat Them (Gravel Records 2007)[/b]

Comments