Bmore: LEMMING (Free Film Thurs 9/6)

onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
In the mood for a thriller? An artful but unsettling, note-perfect thriller that acknowledges the history of the genre while moving it forward?Dominik Moll's Lemming, the next FREE FILM at the Baltimore Museum of Art, is the film for you.Starring Charlotte Gainsbourg (Science of Sleep), Charlotte Rampling (Swimming Pool, The Night Porter), and Laurent Lucas (Pola X), this tale of betrayal, voyeurism, and psychosexual madness plays for FREE at the museum 8pm THIS Thursday, September 6, 2007.When young programmer Alain (Lucas) invites his boss over for dinner, he witnesses an explosive meltdown between the older man and his volatile wife Alice (Rampling) that leaves both Alain and his young wife Benedicte (Gainsbourg) highly disturbed. But this is just the beginning of a feverish meltdown in Alain's life that calls into question everything he'd previously taken for granted.Lemming artfully recalls masters such as Hitchcock and Polanski, modern innovators like Lynch and Cronenberg, and, perhaps most of all, the cerebral, post-modern thrillers of Michael Haneke (Cache, Funny Games, Seventh Continent).

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What a coincidence!!!!!! I just watched this on the weekend for the first time!
    Fantastic!
    I'm happy just watching Rampling's face changes expressions in almost indiscernible degrees.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Yeah, I loved this movie. I'll be in Toronto while it screens, but I hope people come out.

• Dominik Moll is a fantastic director, so don't drag his name in the mud by comparing him to Haneke.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Dominik Moll is a fantastic director, so don't drag his name in the mud by comparing him to Haneke.

LOL!! And I thought it was a compliment!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Dominik Moll is a fantastic director, so don't drag his name in the mud by comparing him to Haneke.

Haneke's one of the best directors working today. That seems so... obvious.