**1000 POSTS*** b/w Life tis Good

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Waddup StruttersIve been away for awhile, bizzy-azz-fook, however it was all for the greater goodAnd now i can finally declare LIFE IS WONDERFUL and I am fully feeling itIt all started with a decisive moment in my life...Smokin on a jay at about 3 am trying to finish a 6 credit paper on NGOs & Devlopment (paper was a week late and the last step before my graduation)I had been invited to represent McGill at Harvard (development conference) but i was hesitant on leaving (5am) should i stay and work or just go for it I decided to go and it was the best decision everI was kind of depressed because of the breakup with my girl (planning a family and studying together in Latin America for a year)I was still Planning on going to Brazil (broke as fuck though) but this trip changed my thoughts in the most pleasant of waysStarted with an But was accompanied by these 3 wonderful Ladies...great people that changed my mind and summerFurthermore Maria-Jose (tongue) and Andrea(Right) had planned on going to Brazil as wellHmmmm I pondered I had a great time in Boston (Red Sox beating the Ynaks in the 9th on my 4th pint in a pub)and my grill was all gone started partying a lot at Majo's crib meeting new colombian friends and dancing some well deserved salsitaOn a drunken night before the departure of my dear Majo I made this sloppy slasa mix that is kinda to help us celebrate con ritmo y saborplease disfruta (watch your speakers though ) De colombia pa el mundo -DJ Asma (borracho mix) The story really does not end there thoughI went to see the documentary Favela Rising and it was incredible..such a powerful stroy and images..it had really inspired me since it was so similar to my work in peru but with hiphop/brazilian percussion and african roots involved...i was looking to get to meet the band members so i joined a comitee to organise the BandaAfroREGGAE tour and get them to come to montrealwell that did not pan out but i met great people through the comiteetwo women on the comitee were working for an internship office that were sending interns to work with NGOs to Brazil i was broke as fuck and planning on leaving around the dates of the internshipsnow i had a paid ticket and an amazing NGO contactI will be leaving for 9 months in Latin AmericaWorking with an afro-brazilian education NGO for Favela kids and the general publicbut wait there is moreits a senegalese man (i am senegalese as well) that started it in Brazil..the office serves a s a community center by day and a.....African Music Nightclub by night (to fundraise for the project) they have a yearly musical tour and sound like an incredible projectI will also be joining my friend Majo in Rio after my 4month intenship to get some Carnival action on and visit afro-reggaes project (got a great plug i met in person)sao paolo with my man moogman and some aquaintances then its off to colombia and Peru to continue the work with the kidsI am thinking of passing up by Guatemala and mexico to California aftewards but plans are uncertain stillI AM VERY FUCKING EXCITED ABOUT THISand my life has taken a turn for the mucho mejorThis summer was wonderful on the musical tipJazzFest (nomadic massive, FemiKuti killing it on the pharoah like sax..amazing band and superb set...40min enconre with water get no enemy as closer)..did i mention Antibalas opening)Manu Chao live concertNuit D'afriques (african music fest)Jeune Farka Tour?? (Ali's son) concert with my popsThanks to the strut for everything i will be leaving soon digging and posting up what i canA lot of the music, vibes and people here (day,drewn,red clay,crink,mint,m_dejean,guzzo, and so many others) has made my life so much better and i thank all of you indeedpeace

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    whats up one of my favorite strutters!?

Oh wait, I just read your post!

Thats great man! congrats and all the best for you...you deserve it.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I am thinking of passing up by Guatemala and mexico to California aftewards but plans are uncertain still

dude. Go to Guatemala or I will for you. Thats one spot I must go. the guy I work for can tell me stories of him growing up there for dayzzzzzzzzz.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I am thinking of passing up by Guatemala and mexico to California aftewards but plans are uncertain still

dude. Go to Guatemala or I will for you. Thats one spot I must go. the guy I work for can tell me stories of him growing up there for dayzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah i will probably go..i mean its probably my only chance to live these dream-ish projects

i ve got a couple of plugs to check out projects and places in guate..so i thik ill just go for it
    I am leaving for my masters in london afterwards +

so i ve got to do this the correct way

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What up, man? Thanks for checking in. Several heads have been wondering how you've been. Sounds like some wonderful adventures that you're about to get into and I wish you all the best. Keep in touch!

• big thangs, big thangs. all the best a*****e.