Stackable Crates (where?)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Who still makes these joints? I am moving soon and am after the elusive stackable record crates. Tried the container store and they say they stopped making them (now all they make are 13x13x11 crates). No luck anywhere else either. If you live in the Bay Area and have extras I'll buy them off you if you've got any extras.

Comments

• wal-mart

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    wal-mart

Really? Never stepped foot inside one, I wouldnt know. Thanks for the tip.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wal-mart

Never stepped foot inside one

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    wal-mart

can it be it was all so simple
    I was gonna ask this question on here as well
    but ya beat me too it

get a handtruck and 10 of these stackable crates and you got the "coffin joe" magic formula for doing the one man record show trick[minus 5,000 miles a van and an endless positive vibe/[K]iller records than you}

wal-mart

but ya beat me too it

get a handtruck and 10 of these stackable crates and you got the "coffin joe" magic formula for doing the one man record show trick[minus 5,000 miles a van and an endless positive vibe/[K]iller records than you}

I am checking their internet and I don't see it. I think I'll call tomorrow and get put on hold for an hour. I don't even know where a WalMart is in the Bay Area.

And yeah handtruck + stackable crates = the way to deal.

Seriously though, I think Columbia GP-3s and Stackable Crates are #1 and #2 on the SoulStrut wish list. Anyone who figures it out will have massive record karma. You will be finding Boscoes in the thrift within days.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    wal-mart

but ya beat me too it

I am checking their internet and I don't see it. I think I'll call tomorrow and get put on hold for an hour. I don't even know where a WalMart is in the Bay Area.

And yeah handtruck + stackable crates = the way to deal.

Seriously though, I think Columbia GP-3s and Stackable Crates are #1 and #2 on the SoulStrut wish list. Anyone who figures it out will have massive record karma. You will be finding Boscoes in the thrift within days.

I heard the company that made them for container store went out of business. No more stackable crates.

Container stores has 'deep sweater boxes' that hold records and have plastic lids, you can stack them about 4 high before breaking the lid on the bottom one.

• These look like what you're looking for. Though, it says they "don't exist in desired quantity in our stock". Not sure if they can still be ordered. Worth investigating anyway. I'm also not sure if that's $30 for a set of 6 or $30 each.

• I don't even know where a WalMart is in the Bay Area.

dude...

I don't even know where a WalMart is in the Bay Area.

dude...

Yeah I know, but you know exactly what I'm talking about though, right? I mean just no need to go there really.

• I don't even know where a WalMart is in the Bay Area.

dude...

Yeah I know, but you know exactly what I'm talking about though, right? I mean just no need to go there really.

?

I don't even know where a WalMart is in the Bay Area.

dude...

?

Nah, just I don't really like supporting companies who are that fucked up to their employees, and who favor abolishing the minimum wage. Plus Target is real close to my house if I really have to go to one of those places. Seriously - to me, the mall area of Walnut Creek is one of the scariest spots ever - just a bunch of people buying shit they don't need.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    These look like what you're looking for. Though, it says they "don't exist in desired quantity in our stock". Not sure if they can still be ordered. Worth investigating anyway. I'm also not sure if that's $30 for a set of 6 or $30 each.

That guy wants $30 per crate.

These look like what you're looking for. Though, it says they "don't exist in desired quantity in our stock". Not sure if they can still be ordered. Worth investigating anyway. I'm also not sure if that's $30 for a set of 6 or $30 each.

That guy wants $30 per crate.

Weak. This just seems ridiculous, somewhere has got to have them.

Bump. I'm still on the hunt. WalMart employees couldn't get their heads out of their asses and tell me the dimensions of what they have. If someone can confirm that they have em then I'll make the trip out there though.