Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 4 in Strut Central

Comments

• You are such a lucky man.

- J

• now THAT is some dope schitt right there, Chan. i'm envious

• I saw him last weekend. And without the slightest hint of exageration, It'll be the best show I'll ever see. Not only does he still perform his hits like they where brand new to him, but he has this natural charisma and sense of humor that just makes watching him even more enjoyable. It was basically 2 1/2 hours of STRAIGHT BANGERS ( did I just write that...?). Within the first few notes of every song the entire crowd would erupt, I ended up finding myself pretty much jumping up out of my seat for most of his songs.

but yo...

DUDE DID A DRUM SOLO
    AND LATER HE DID A VOCODER SOLO WHERE HE PLAYED "BILLIE JEAN" AND "HEARD IT THROUGH GRAPEVINE". Motherfucking Stevie covering Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye????!!!!!

I was too much to handle at times, to the point where I ended up getting choked up a few times (Overjoy, Ribbon in the Sky, & All I Do).

Shit was ridic

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    now THAT is some dope schitt right there, Chan. i'm envious

Yeah, I wish I could have made it when he came to the Bay but I jumped on it too late. Truly a class act and one of the greatest of all time indeed.

• At one point he had the whole audience doing an accapella version of Parliment's "one nation under a groove".....

Imagine an entire venue doing that.....

STEVIE> EVERYBODY

fuck dylan, fuck the beatles, fuck Micheal, he even sonned the shit out of Al Green when I saw him last year.

• we are going. greek theater wednesday night. i am hyped.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• Dog, I want to say that I'm jealous of you meeting Stevie, but really I'm happy for you. It must of made your day to meet the man and have a picture taken with him. One day I hope I can do the same.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Damn this is dope, im jealous as a muthafucka. He used to come in the store I used to work at pretty regularly, and he was always very down to earth and approachable. My boy I worked with's aunt went out with Stevie at one point, and when my boy told him who he was, Stevie nearly fell out laughing, treating dude like they were family. Class act, and hands down GOAT.

Anyone have any idea why there is no NY date on this tour? I never got a chance to see James, but I've caught Al and Ray, and and I need to complete the triumvirate!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Anyone have any idea why there is no NY date on this tour?

9.18.07 Radio City Music Hall - New York, NY

You better start working on getting tickets now.

Late pass, i thought i checked this like a month ago. I will be on vacation. The saga continues. I cry....

• Damn, Chan and Patrick. I'm envious of you guys. I totally slept on the the SD show and am crying about it now. How is the set list, frickin crazy!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    At one point he had the whole audience doing an accapella version of Parliment's "one nation under a groove".....

damn...i'm seriously jealous of you guys.

• great story....and what an opportunity to see that show. Damn that set list was just killing me. Happy that someone who seems so cool got to appreciate such a great night, and even get to share their appreciation face to face with the man himself. We don't get too many chances like that in this life. Wish i could have experienced that myself.

Cheers.....

• AND LATER HE DID A VOCODER SOLO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-cF0W2JLw

• damn thats awesome.

i ended my mix with the latin version of another star. Its really the only place you can put it!