sly stone "life of fortune and fame"

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.onesoulfulnegro.com/treetz/sly-lifeoffortuneandfame.mp3who sampled this schitt? this is really buggin me like jaymack's avatar i already took it to thebreaks.com just in case any of you smartypants want to make that suggestion... it wouldn't load for me, so just answer the damn question

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    http://www.onesoulfulnegro.com/treetz/sly-lifeoffortuneandfame.mp3

who sampled this schitt? this is really buggin me like jaymack's avatar

i already took it to thebreaks.com just in case any of you smartypants want to make that suggestion... it wouldn't load for me, so just answer the damn question

Yo Phill,

It was sampled in "Game Theory" by The Roots.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• thank you, sir... the roots, no wonder i didn't recognize it. i knew i heard it from some damn place

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    thank you, sir... the roots, no wonder i didn't recognize it. i knew i heard it from some damn place

You're welcome, Philly Phill. How you livin', dawg? Any plans for Labor Day? T**i, the dog, and I are headin' up to Rockland County to have BBQ with her family. Before that, we're taking a brief trip to CT to check out Yale and surrounding areas. I lovin' this NJ proximity to EVERYTHING!!! It's lovely.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• It was used also by Large Professor and Neek the Exotic for Rhyme Mania 99.

• thank you, sir... the roots, no wonder i didn't recognize it. i knew i heard it from some damn place

You're welcome, Philly Phill. How you livin', dawg? Any plans for Labor Day? T**i, the dog, and I are headin' up to Rockland County to have BBQ with her family. Before that, we're taking a brief trip to CT to check out Yale and surrounding areas. I lovin' this NJ proximity to EVERYTHING!!! It's lovely.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm still recovering from our week at Disney World (i'm gettin' too cotdamn old for all that walkin' in 97 degree florida sun bullschitt!!!), so i'm just chillin'. Probbly just lay around the house, won't shave or wash or nuthin'. CT sounds good this time of year... i missed going back to visit this summer. If you're taking 95 north and you pass through a lil hamlet by the name of Norwalk, CT, that's where I grew up... home of Horace Silver, Calvin Murphy, Mo Vaughn, Randy LaJoie and Phill Most Chill

thank you, sir... the roots, no wonder i didn't recognize it. i knew i heard it from some damn place

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm still recovering from our week at Disney World (i'm gettin' too cotdamn old for all that walkin' in 97 degree florida sun bullschitt!!!), so i'm just chillin'. Probbly just lay around the house, won't shave or wash or nuthin'. CT sounds good this time of year... i missed going back to visit this summer. If you're taking 95 north and you pass through a lil hamlet by the name of Norwalk, CT, that's where I grew up... home of Horace Silver, Calvin Murphy, Mo Vaughn, Randy LaJoie and Phill Most Chill

Cool, I'll have to check out Norwalk. I'm not sure if it's on our path. Did you leave any records up there for the rest of us? Have fun chillin'!!! It's nice to have somewhere to go on holidays over on the Right Coast. We're 'bout tired spending holidays watching Law and Order SVU marathons!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Cool, I'll have to check out Norwalk. I'm not sure if it's on our path.

If you take 95 it's on your path, but if you see the signs just note it and keep rolling through- there's nothing to see there (small town america for days). i doubt there are many records to be found there, but i lived there waaay back, before i was even doing any serious diggin'. But yeah, you are now living in a good area as far as hittin' various different places... there's a lot to see just within a 2 hour drive radius you and the missus enjoy the holiday, big homie!

• It was used also by Large Professor and Neek the Exotic for Rhyme Mania 99.

you know, that's where I really think I know that sample from

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

J-Rocc is a fool! Gotta love that shit.

Damn, those drums were That's why I love Large Pro on the beat-tip!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    http://www.discogs.com/release/632235
    too bad large pro didnt do the beat

http://www.discogs.com/release/632235
    too bad large pro didnt do the beat

Oooooh, nice work by Sqwad Productions.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak