Krautrock Lp's for Trade

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited September 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
i have these doubles available for trade.Missus Beastly-mint condition 2nd album (first or second group who knows-all i can is that it is killer kraut rock fusion-funk with several hard open breaks and other samplable stuffKontrast-KontrastFeaturing members of Embryo/Can/Missus Beastly this is a Private Press album apparently limited to 100 copies. i was lucky to pick up several copies purchased directly from remi and the covers are hand written and stamped, and contain bio sheets and some other promo stuff. i don;t have a sample to post but suffice to say this is an amazing album that really must be heard. i am prepared to part with one or two at most of these unplayed lp's for the right trade.http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=170104183795http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=170030531147http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=160087039277i am looking for:henrik debich-"string beat"big band kantowice-music for my friendscan-ege baymasican-tago magoassorted strata and black jazz titles embryo-rachethird wave harlem river drive-self titlednucleus-various early titleseddie fischer-next 100 yearsand perhaps anthing else thats interesting and a bit hard to find that are along these lines. hit me up on here or pm me. thx, noah

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    pm' please:!

• How is a private 100-press krautrock album featuring famous germans only worth $50?

• i was thinking the same thing. even if there were 1000 pressed it should go for way more.

• some other random things available:

3. monk higgins- dance to disco sax (w/nice 8-bar open break on "one man band")

4. sweet smoke-just a poke

5. o'donell levy-simba

6. john gregory orchestra-detectives (funky crime jazz versions feat breaky version of "special branch", "griff", "streets of san fran" and others)

7. jimmy mcgriff-red beans

8. daly wilson big band-feat marcia hines (el borron, rockford files, chameleon)

9. ivan lins-nos dias de hoje

10. carla bley-dinner music ("song sung long")

11. Bo hasson-lord of the rings

12. stanislaw sojka-blublublu (drunken but cool vocal version of gary bartz's "i've know rivers", "all blues", and "naima")

13.alan moorehouse and his bond street brigade (swinging london turd feat "funky fever")

• i was thinking the same thing. even if there were 1000 pressed it should go for way more.
    Well, does the record suck?

• Well, does the record suck?

not in the slightest. at the moment i am unable to rip the album to mp3 which is too bad cause i'd like to be able to share what i condsider a brilliant and unique record with others who would appreciate it.

not only is the playing and improvising superb but the songs are spirited, well planned out, progressive and at times psychedelic. there are a number of cool production flourishes (ie. well placed snippets of disembodied voice, distorted effects) and all the songs mix together seemlessly.

side one is "suite for a young girl" feat vibes, percussion, upright bass, flute, sax, and scat vocals. side two: "trip" has a fat bassline, w/vibes and guitar;"opus dope us" is a druggy tune feat rhodes, soprano, and spare percussion; "let's fetz" is an abstract jazz funk tune with distorted rhodes and driving horn line. at the end of the runour groove on side 2 there is a hidden electronic loop.

• also available:

two mint copies of jean jacques perry-moog indigo
    a vg+ copy of 1st composer's workshop lp on starta east

• i have received a number of requests for sound clips for kontrast and i will try to hook that up later in the week.

here is another sample from missus beastly. this is "geisha"

• these records are still available. if anyone is going to utrecht in nov and wants to do a little trade off action in person (no homo) let me know, that would actually be ideal.

don;t sleep on the private press kontrast, its totally unique and great and is bound to go up in price in the years to come....

• Gone:
    both Kontrasts
    both jj perry-moog indigo

missus beastly is still available, don;t sleep on it

• gone:

missus beastly
    daly wilson