elektron's 12 bit sampler

chasechase 767 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.elektron.se/products/?prod=ES_SPS1-uwanyone have one?how does it sound

Comments

• Nope, but would love to get to spend some quality time with one...

• I know a guy...Who owns an Elektron sampler but I think it's blue and has a synth built in or something, he says it's (insert an "off the chain" gremlin here)!

• Hey dude,
    I have the Machinedrum SID and Monomachine, but not the UW version. I think Elektron builds the best shit. I have been thinking seriously about the upgrade, but from what I can tell, it isin't the most practical "sampler" in the real sense of the word. That being said, I think it would sound fucking COOL, because that machine is TITS in just about every other category for drum machine synthesis. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this box.
    My setup these days (got got rid of everything) is just a shitty mackie board, MPC2500, 2 Doepfer A100s and the elektron stuff. My parner has a Nord G2 which is my next and final investment for a while.
    I would say go for it. You certainly will have the coolest drum machine on the block, and have 12 bit crunch to go with it. ps: It is ONLY 2 MEGS! not much time at all. I would say that you should take your top 5 of all time breaks, and build your own kits made up of those.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Why on earth in 2007 did they make a machine with 2 megs of RAM?

I haven't heard any of these, but I'd be interested in doing so, though I'm always wary of companies trying to do the 12-bit sound trying to emulate the SP-1200/MPC 60.

• given this companys philosophy, I dont think they are trying to "copy" anything, but take the best attributes of a period and make it better. I certainly wouldn't have bought this shit if it was just a good copy of an 808 / Sid

also, this box is not a sampler... it is a 12-bit add on to an existing box that already kicks ass.