Head West S/T (RR)

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
So I finally picked up a copy of this one that was collecting dust in a local record store for ages. The thing is, I got it for 10???, but only because there is a huge audible scratch on - guess which track? - "Attention", exactly where the drums come in when too less weight is on the needle, it even skips. So that is effed up, but anyway i decided to pick it up just to have a copy to play out. Now my questions are: i got the french press, but there is also a canadian press and i have the second issue which has "with bob welch" on the cover (vogue). But is the french pressing the og? was this recorded in france? And when did the 2nd issue drop? Also, is there another "reissue" or is the "reissue" the 2nd pressing? And why the fuck have to be scratches on exactly these tracks you want to rock ????And I took that ish to the breaks.com. Thank you in advance for any info. maybe the french strutters know the deal, Bapt, robert murt? Or anyone else, info is highly appreciated!! peace,S.D.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I have the first press (without Bob Welch mentioned), it's pink label vogue (French)... pretty sure French is the first press....

+ that's shit the scratches are on that track! why does that happen?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Thanks B*v! So my label is white and then it is def. 2nd press. And yeah, fuck that scratch, i hate it! But then again, i can use it to play out and for the price it is ok methinks. btw, great record

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    press on the needle hard, and play the record backwards slowly by hand. the skip might disappear. not the scratch though.
    i fixed some records like that. i don't know what the playing backwards is all about, but forward action usually doesn't help...

Grope is back Yeah, i'l def. try that backwarding after recording the drums and deskipping them in logic The kicks are

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Thanks B*v! So my label is white and then it is def. 2nd press. And yeah, fuck that scratch, i hate it! But then again, i can use it to play out and for the price it is ok methinks. btw, great record

oh man, Head West is one of the gnarliest cowabunga breaks out there... so hip-hop, it don't stop to the bang bang boogie... nahmean? 10 is a steal of a price...

b

oh man, Head West is one of the gnarliest cowabunga breaks out there... so hip-hop, it don't stop to the bang bang boogie... nahmean? 10 is a steal of a price...

b

yeah, but it is 2nd press and the scratch starts exactly RIGHT at the beginning of the break, nahmean? For months, i didnt even wanted to pick it up like that. But yeah, u right, one can consider it quite a steal. And noone picked it up yet