Fantasy Honey label (RR)

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
saw a record on this label this weekend -I think it was a Sylvester joint- ...and although it sucked, i was still intrigued by the label, as i hadn't seen it before and the logo was aight and it looked to be an offspring of the "Fantasy" label.are there any records worth picking up on this label? is it mainly disco? ...not that there's anything wrong with that. thanks

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the honey label was run by Harvey Fuqua.

there were about 10 or so 45 and LP releases.

one band, Grand Theft, had calvin tillery in it whos sister is linda tillery from Loading Zone and Olivia records fame.

mostly a disco/soul label with some latin influence from Jose Hernandez's "Ole! Jose"...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I have an absolute banger of a 45 on Honey Records by Singing Sam and the Sparks. Although, it looks like it may be a different honey from the one of which you speak.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    I have an absolute banger of a 45 on Honey Records by Singing Sam and the Sparks. Although, it looks like it may be a different honey from the one of which you speak.

yes, that's a chicago record/label in fact.

not sure of anything else on that particular honey label, though.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    the honey label was run by Harvey Fuqua.

there were about 10 or so 45 and LP releases.

one band, Grand Theft, had calvin tillery in it whos sister is linda tillery from Loading Zone and Olivia records fame.

mostly a disco/soul label with some latin influence from Jose Hernandez's "Ole! Jose"...
    good rooks.