ALTERED BEAST APPRECIATION

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I was very excited playing this on my XT back in the day...who even knows what I'm talking about... that game was dope!peace.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Sega Genesis + Altered Beast + Christmas Morning =

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    WIIIIIZE FROM YOUR GWAAAAVE

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    rap music and this game was the only reason I wanted a genesis!
    i never had one. What the hell is XT?
    Im loving double dragon arcade on xbox live

• kubkub 46 Posts
    Classic game.

On a sidenote, same setting as altered beast but you played a white werewolf... was it the sequel or just a knockoff?

pz

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Sega transitioned Altered Beast nicely from the arcade to a console.

Shinobi was done nicely also.

Ninja Gaiden (non-sega related) in the arcade was sweet, but on a console it was terrible.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    The real Ogs had the Sega Master System...

While the rest of you kids where hooked on Mario I was mashing buttons on this:

• kubkub 46 Posts
    The real Ogs had the Sega Mater[/b] System...
    Dunno, we always played on the Mas[/b]ter System

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Master System Shinobi was not a good look. Revenge on Genesis got it right. It's fucking impossible, the way all Shinobi's should be.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Dammit...you beat me to it.

Uuuummmmm........Power Up?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Master System Shinobi was not a good look. Revenge on Genesis got it right. It's fucking impossible, the way all Shinobi's should be.

Their addition of Godzilla, and wannabe spiderman was cool on the game. Damn good graphics for the day. Really. Fuck the soundtrack was pretty extensive too.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• kubkub 46 Posts
    honorable mention:

what was the game where you played this adventure in mario style, you had a backpack and you could do all sorts of ish with it, dive under water, fly etc etc
    i think there was a sequel to it aswell...
    pz

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this game gave me nightmares. i still play the bootleg on my dreamcast every once in a while though

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Oh hell yeah!

I didn't have a Genesis, but when it first came out, I used to rent one from this kid I went to school with (and who I found out last year went on to become some sort of internet sensation). $10 for the whole weekend. I played Altered Beast and Ghouls n' Ghosts ( ) until my eyes bled.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Dammit...you beat me to it.

Uuuummmmm........Power Up?

When dying:

DAAAAAAAAAHH!

Also: Bad Dudes' "I'm Bad!"

I think Space Taxi on the C64 was the first digitized voice usage on a home system.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

what was the game where you played this adventure in mario style, you had a backpack and you could do all sorts of ish with it, dive under water, fly etc etc
    pz

I was that kid with the Sega Master System.

3D goggles + Space Harrier 3D =

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    I never had a master system or a genesis and I took my revenge on the world with a dreamcast and a suspended license! That thing was the shit for a minute. Who has more old downloadable sega games, xbox live or the wii? I think nintendo and sega made allies, but theres a ton of people on xbox and if they a software company now theres plenty $ to be made. The download games are the shit.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    I had a c64 as a kid because my dad won it in a contest. It was so cool because my uncle was a mastermind old school programming bootlegger. I had three rolodexes with filled to the brim blank floppies with every game ever made, even x rated ones!

You're spot on with space taxi, that game was awesome. It was around the same time as my favorite c64 game, Impossible Mission which also started with the coolest voice sample: STAY AWHILE. STAY...FOREVER! I got them loaded up in a loop player. DESTROY HIM. MY ROBOTS.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I was a die hard nintendo fan. But I remember Altered Beast coming out on Genesis and being....WOW. I loved the arcade version too. Man, I miss those days. What ever happened to arcades?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• anyone remember the hidden/builtin game that the Sega Master System had? to play it you had to turn the system on without inserting a cartridge and press some button combo on the controller... it would bring up the secret snail maze game if done correctly.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Standing in the arcade + altered beast + school day =

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was into Sega enough that I eventually bought a Sega Saturn.

It had some good games, but Playstation was coming with games that
    were absolutely sonning it ... hanging on to a dying system is rough -
    there'd be like 1 new game a month, and you had to wait forever for
    good Playstation games to get modded over, if they ever did.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    anyone remember the hidden/builtin game that the Sega Master System had? to play it you had to turn the system on without inserting a cartridge and press some button combo on the controller... it would bring up the secret snail maze game if done correctly.

Oh hell yes! Though, at some point I bought a second Master System for some reason. The "newer" ones had Hang On built in instead of the snail maze game.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    GOLDEN AXE was also my shit, I used to be able to clock this on one credit... remember the multiplayer machines where u could play 4 people....

• What ever happened to arcades?

do they even make arcade games anymore? the only ones i ever see are oldish ones in dilapidated airports and bus stations

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    What the hell is XT?

1st PCs = XT
    286 = AT
    386sx

etc.

I had an Amstrad PC-1640 with EGA monitor (16 colours), I was burning CGA 4 colour mutherfuckers and monochrome fools in 1988!

peace.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    honorable mention:

pz

ahhhh man..memories..now i wish i would find a cheap sega mega drive (over here it was called mega drive yes) with all those gems.. :/